Koodo Community

Community

Please bring iphone 6 64g model. I need more momory but can not afford the upfront cost of buying the phone from apple (about 1000 bucks)

Userlevel 1

13 replies

Userlevel 7
+1 I want to see this happen as well! 🙂
Userlevel 6
Sorry, but Koodo has confirmed that they only plan to offer the 16 GB model. Though consider that even with a Large Tab you'd still pay $359 or $469 up front (for the 6 or 6 Plus, respectively) and then you'll have to take a minimum monthly plan of $70 plus $10 for the Tab charge, for two years. Plus the iPhone will be locked to Koodo. My advice? Pink elephant test. You see a pink elephant (iPhone 6), you want it because it's new and cool. Give it time for the hype to die and for you to save the required money. Then check again. If you still want it at that point, go for it. Buy it from Apple, and it will be unlocked so you can use it wherever you want.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Curtules wrote:

Sorry, but Koodo has confirmed that they only plan to offer the 16 GB model. Though consider t...

So.......... I totally want BOTH now 😛

Userlevel 6
Curtules wrote:

Sorry, but Koodo has confirmed that they only plan to offer the 16 GB model. Though consider t...

That's awesome!!! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I suggest buying and iPhone 6 for someone who want it with Koodo to. Buy it on your acount, use the tab you want, then sell it to the person who wants it for almost the same price as in store. THEN, you will have this extra credit so you can go purchase it from Apple!
Userlevel 6
I have to believe that koodo listens to these conversations and if enough noise issue here they would consider adding the 64gb version.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

I have to believe that koodo listens to these conversations and if enough noise issue here they w...

Yes they do listen, but high-end phones are not major sellers for Koodo due to their price. They just don't fit Koodo's business model well. I doubt that they'll add even more expensive versions of these phones.
they have confirmed it? yet when I call non one has any idea...I don't think so buddy. I hope Koodo is listening to the 64gb requests!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Erin Megan wrote:

they have confirmed it? yet when I call non one has any idea...I don't think so buddy. I hope Koo...

Curtules works for Koodo, I have a feeling he'd know what he is talking about 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Erin Megan wrote:

they have confirmed it? yet when I call non one has any idea...I don't think so buddy. I hope Koo...

But then again as Chris said, if enough people want the 64gb model, they might change their mind 😃 Edit: actually Yannick confirmed it too in your own thread, Erin: http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/help-a-sister-out-guys
Userlevel 6
Erin Megan wrote:

Frontline agents on the phone might not be informed yet, but other Koodo employees have officially confirmed the 16 GB model here on the community. Watch for the green "Employee" border, anything they say is official. Like, for example, here: http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/help-a-sister-out-guys
I'm looking to jump ship too if there is no 64gb option and we've been with them for years. Their loss I suppose.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bradley Welsh wrote:

I'm looking to jump ship too if there is no 64gb option and we've been with them for years. Their...

You're of course free to do as you wish, but you may want to do some math beforehand. I've owned many phones not sold through Koodo and it was never worth it for me to switch in the long run. If I really want a phone, I'll get it regardless of whether Koodo offers it or not. I'm not made of money and I have to get creative in getting said phone but it's always worked out. Consider how popular the 6 is already despite not being released yet. If you could get your hands on a 16 GB from Koodo, you could easily sell it on Kijiji at a markup and use the cash to buy a 64 GB unlocked version from Apple once it's available. Or get a 6+ 16 GB from Koodo and trade for a 64 GB 6.