Koodo Community
Question

Plan Switcher SVP

Show first post

40 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John, did you consider keeping your prepaid plan, unlocking your phone and simply using another p...Nope
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John, did you consider keeping your prepaid plan, unlocking your phone and simply using another p...The best value I've seen at Walmart is their instore only Walmart Family Mobile. The sim startup package is 35$ and the monthly plan is 39$ offers unlimited talk ( toT he usa) /text (to the usa) and unlimited data with 2.5gb at full speed where available.
Userlevel 6
John, did you consider keeping your prepaid plan, unlocking your phone and simply using another p...Eww... Ok then, John, back to Roam Mobility! No SIM card is worth $60... Roam's is only $20 :oP
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John, did you consider keeping your prepaid plan, unlocking your phone and simply using another p...Koodo recently changed their usa offerings for monthly customers and you may want to check into that as it's a lot better than picking up a usa prepaid sim. Mainly because the coverage will be outstanding.
John, did you consider keeping your prepaid plan, unlocking your phone and simply using another p...Just checked out Roam Mobility. The current SIM card rate is $19.95. Now, what does Koodo charge for unlocking my iPhone (pre-paid)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John, did you consider keeping your prepaid plan, unlocking your phone and simply using another p...It's 35$
Userlevel 6
John, did you consider keeping your prepaid plan, unlocking your phone and simply using another p...John, Koodo charges $35 to give you your unlock code. iPhones cost an arm and a leg to unlock through 3rd parties though, sadly 😞 so $35 is likely the best deal you're going to get
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John, did you consider keeping your prepaid plan, unlocking your phone and simply using another p...Since you're going to unlock it anyway you should also check out Wind, yes their coverage in Canada is deplorable outside of their "Zones" but in the usa it's amazing. You'll pay a minimum of 35$ for a plan that includes unlimited usa roaming and the sim is 25$. You'll get a Canadian number Availability to call and text back to Canada unlimited Unlimited data (up to 5gb at full speed). Offered on a prepaid basis with no commitment.
John, did you consider keeping your prepaid plan, unlocking your phone and simply using another p...Thanks, David, I think you're right about that. I've been perusing unlocking sites and they all run about $20 to $60 for iPhones.
John, did you consider keeping your prepaid plan, unlocking your phone and simply using another p...btw, I prefer to keep my current number (I've had it for over a year)
Userlevel 7
John, did you consider keeping your prepaid plan, unlocking your phone and simply using another p...Well you can always keep that Canadian phone # if you switch from Koodo prepaid to postpaid or even leave Koodo altogether. When you get the US prepaid phone #, your old one stays intact. Your phone #/account are tied to your SIM card, not the phone itself or where you're located.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
John, did you consider keeping your prepaid plan, unlocking your phone and simply using another p...Last year when I went to the US for a week, I took my unlocked phone to an AT&T shop and signed up for a $2/day plan (unlimited US calls and SMS) plus $5 for 250 minutes of international calling. Since I had wifi in most places, I turned off data (they charge $0.01/5 kB). Total cost was $20. T-Mobile will probably be cheaper if you use data, but their coverage can be spotty outside big cities.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John, did you consider keeping your prepaid plan, unlocking your phone and simply using another p...You can buy Roam Mobility SIMs at Future Shop.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John, did you consider keeping your prepaid plan, unlocking your phone and simply using another p...To add to Chad's comment about Wind. Your iPhone may not be compatible with their network in Canada (and you may not get the best coverage while roaming in the US with them if their roaming partner in the area is T-Mobile for the same reason). If you have an iPhone 5C/S, then you're fine. If you have a 5, check your serial number for compatibility. The list of compatible iPhone 5 models can be found here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5720 If you have an iPhone 4S or older, then it's not compatible.
John, did you consider keeping your prepaid plan, unlocking your phone and simply using another p...Thanks for all the suggestions. I've made a decision and changed plans. Better for me and my budget.