Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Picture messages is not working and I don't want to turn on data

I am on the Koodo $25 talk and text plan. the plan includes picture messaging but it doesnt seem to be working, I have read i need to turn on data... but i dont want the Data to be used for the other apps... I only want photo messaging! How do i do this? Phone is a iPhone 4!

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
AFAIK, it is not possible to do so on the iphone 4, since there is no way to directly edit the apn settings.
Userlevel 1
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

AFAIK, it is not possible to do so on the iphone 4, since there is no way to directly edit the ap...

Data for picture messaging is the fuel to let you download/send pictures like car fuel.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

AFAIK, it is not possible to do so on the iphone 4, since there is no way to directly edit the ap...

More like the highway, I'd say.
Userlevel 1
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

No fuel no Highway access, No Data no Picture to be downloaded
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

The fuel is what pushes the car down the highway, which corresponds better with the power in the battery. Just like the highway, the data connection is the path over which the picture travels.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

There is actually a way to do the APN trick to send picture messages and not use data for other things on the iPhone. There is a thread somewhere in here that a person did it but I don't have time to find it right now. It's going to be hard to find because it's on a thread about a Galaxy S3 I believe. If anybody finds it post here and when I get a chance I'll look and do the same if I find it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Settings->General->Network->Cellular Data Network Then change you APN settings. However the "Cellular Data Network" menu is only available on unlocked iphones or a jailbroken one with an app. Hence my question below
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Ya your right it has to be jailbroken, anyways I found the thread it's right at the bottom of this thread linked here http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/picture_message_issue_cant_text_pictures_with_samsung_galaxy_2s
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Yea my iphone is jailbroken with the TetherMe app. However I swear I read that this menu is available on unlocked iphones
Userlevel 5
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Not officially unlocked ones, only via jailbreak unlock.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

You are right Jorden. Unofficially unlocked iPhones are horrible. One iOS update and your unlock is gone. Same if you have a Sim imposter like the Gevey Sim
Userlevel 5
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Yeah I've got a couple officially unlocked ones... only ever had a jailbreak for about 30 mins and didn't think it added enough to keep it jailbroken.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

I would only have an iPhone if its jailbroken. Makes is as android-like as possible lol. I really think I'm going android this fall. Waiting on the google x-phone
Userlevel 6
Well the only way to send picture messages is by turning on data. It doesn't use your data as it is unlimited on your account. You could try sending the picture by email.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Would you happen to have an unlocked iphone 4 or a jailbroken iphone 4? This would be the only way to do this is. Otherwise there is no other way with a regular carrier locked iphone 4
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Without a jailbreak, this site lets you change APNs by packaging them as profiles: http://www.unlockit.co.nz/mobilesettings/ There is no MMS-only setting for Koodo right now, but you can contact the webmaster and request it.
Userlevel 1
Ivan wrote:

Without a jailbreak, this site lets you change APNs by packaging them as profiles: http://www....

Beware .. of this site they're crooks & liars, they took my money without doing anything for what I paid for, This company should be banned from Internet!