Koodo Community
Solved

phone upgrade

I am having so many issues with my iPhone 7.   It’s been sent to Apple twice they can’t find what’s wrong.   Last night was going to bite the bullet and get an iPhone 12 as there’s a promotion on.  I paid the 45 dollar tab off which pissed me off as the phone is junk now it’s asking me to pay 96 for tab bonus.   The phone isn’t worth a penny.   I wouldnt feel right to sell this piece of junk.   What can you do for me.   I want a phone that works!!!!!!!

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 9 June 2021, 15:39

I am having so many issues with my iPhone 7.   It’s been sent to Apple twice they can’t find what’s wrong.   Last night was going to bite the bullet and get an iPhone 12 as there’s a promotion on.  I paid the 45 dollar tab off which pissed me off as the phone is junk now it’s asking me to pay 96 for tab bonus.   The phone isn’t worth a penny.   I wouldnt feel right to sell this piece of junk.   What can you do for me.   I want a phone that works!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, you will need to pay off the remaining Tab balance and Tab Bonus balance before you can upgrade to another phone, since you want to upgrade before the end of the 24-month period for the Tab. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/Tab-bonus

You can choose to wait until your Tab is done in order to upgrade your phone if you do not want to pay the Tab Bonus balance. If you only have a few months left on your Tab, you may try to schedule a callback through Koodo Assist to speak to a rep and see if they can arrange something to waive your balance in order to proceed with the upgrade. 

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately, you will need to pay off the remaining Tab balance and Tab Bonus balance before you can upgrade to another phone, since you want to upgrade before the end of the 24-month period for the Tab. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/Tab-bonus

You can choose to wait until your Tab is done in order to upgrade your phone if you do not want to pay the Tab Bonus balance. If you only have a few months left on your Tab, you may try to schedule a callback through Koodo Assist to speak to a rep and see if they can arrange something to waive your balance in order to proceed with the upgrade. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Why would it be Koodo's fault that your phone is not functioning well? If your house needs a new roof, you don't stop paying your mortgage either right?

It's on your contract that you need to pay off you tab bonuses if you pay out early, but since you want to upgrade to a newer model, you might get lucky to get it waived.

Very bad taste in my mouth that a brand new phone in March 2020 that Apple nor Koodo would not help me with.  That’s fine.   Paying for a phone that doesn’t work.  Ya know I was too harsh. Sorry. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

As MilkyWay mentioned, the remaining tab bonus needs to be paid off if you decide to upgrade early. As much as we’d love to help, we can’t waive that but perhaps we can look into the new phone offers for you. Feel free to message us privately on Facebook/Twitter so that we can authenticate.