Koodo Community
Solved

Phone support and plan suggestions

• 1 January 2021
  • 9 replies

Hello,

I wanted to become a Koodo customer, however I got some aspects that I want to make clear. I checked my phone compatibility with the Telus tool. Seems that its not going to work, although on the other service it’s said to be compatible. 

And besides that, could you suggest either to take prepaid or postpaid? I have no preferences, just want to know which is better?

icon

Best answer by Dinh 1 January 2021, 22:58

Is that the model destined for China market?. and Yes, all recent iPhone models are compatible with Koodo network (as long as it was unlocked). You don’t have to worry.

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I can't really answer your question about phone compatibility.

As for prepaid or postpaid, that depends on your needs and wants. For example if you need a lot of data, postpaid is almost always cheaper in comparison. If you want a phone on the tab (paid over two years), postpaid is your only option.

If however you are like myself, bringing my own phone and needing only little data, prepaid is definitely much cheaper. You also don't need to pass any credit checks or age criteria, so prepaid is great for younger people as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What phone do you have?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

From previous report, the IMEI tool wasn’t always a good reference tool. I would suggest you check the compatibility of your phone model with this https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/my-phone-compatible-koodo

What phone do you have?

I have iPhone 11 Pro (A2215).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is that the model destined for China market?. and Yes, all recent iPhone models are compatible with Koodo network (as long as it was unlocked). You don’t have to worry.

Is that the model destined for China market?. and Yes, all recent iPhone models is compatible with Koodo network (as long as it was unlocked). You don’t have to worry.

I assume it’s an Australian model, but I’ve used it in Europe. Thank you for the clarification!

Badge +4

You have the global variant iPhone 11 Pro. Looking at network specs, this phone should have no issues connecting to the Koodo network.

https://everymac.com/systems/apple/iphone/specs/apple-iphone-11-pro-global-a2215-specs.html

I'm trying to activate my sim card and found a page with promotions but they don't have a promo code

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm trying to activate my sim card and found a page with promotions but they don't have a promo code

So 2 separate things here. 

How did you get your sim card?  For post paid plans, sims come pre-activated

Promos on the web page are for new activations or current customers upgrading on a tab