Koodo Community
Solved

phone number being used in scam calls and now cant access my koodo account

• 26 June 2020
  • 4 replies

My number has been being used in a scam where they are leaving automated voicemail messages claiming to be from service Canada.  I have gotten 4 calls back now from people saying I called them when I clearly haven’t.  I tried login into my Koodo account and the password didn’t work so I reset my password but now can not access my account at all because it’s saying another email address is linked on the account and the other email address needs to approve the password change.  So now I’m completely shut out. 

icon

Best answer by Timo Tuokkola 26 June 2020, 12:03

Correlation does not equal causation. Spoofing your number also does not require access to your account or your phone. It's the same as putting someone else's house as the return address when you mail a letter.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caller_ID_spoofing

To fix the self serve issue, try going to koodo.com/chat and saying you can't access self serve. When it asks if this is your first time signing in, say yes. Follow the instructions from there. If this fails to fix your login, send koodo a message via Facebook messenger or Twitter DM.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Correlation does not equal causation. Spoofing your number also does not require access to your account or your phone. It's the same as putting someone else's house as the return address when you mail a letter.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caller_ID_spoofing

To fix the self serve issue, try going to koodo.com/chat and saying you can't access self serve. When it asks if this is your first time signing in, say yes. Follow the instructions from there. If this fails to fix your login, send koodo a message via Facebook messenger or Twitter DM.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As for the spoofing I’m afraid there’s nothing you can do except change the phone number.

That was the plan to change my number but not being able to sign in is where I’m confused why I need authorization from a different email since there’s a second email linked to the account….. which there isn’t. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried Timo’s suggestion?