Koodo Community

Community

Solved

phone not working

My son just informed me that his phone is not working for some reason and cannot call people. Can you please let me know why?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I assume your is bill paid up, texting continues to work, and he has signal on the phone. Try rebooting the iphone?
Userlevel 5
is it calling, or call and text - my first thought is that you need to enable 3G (on iphones it is settings - cellular - enable 3G)....keep in mind that enable 3G does not turn on data. Otherwise the first thing that I would do is pull my battery and SIM in case it is just a problem with an update or the phone)
Badge +4
Dave wrote:

is it calling, or call and text - my first thought is that you need to enable 3G (on iphones it i...

It's an iPhone. You can't remove the battery.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dave wrote:

is it calling, or call and text - my first thought is that you need to enable 3G (on iphones it i...

You can. Just with extreme difficulty and special tools http://www.imore.com/how-replace-battery-iphone-5
Userlevel 5
Dave wrote:

Did you try to enable 3G? Koodo does not have 2G service so 3G must be enabled all of the time. Since it is an iPhone, a similar way of pulling the battery and SIM's (in androids), is to put phone in airplane mode, take it out of airplane mode, and then turning it on and off - so you do not void any warranty by pulling the battery But thank you for telling me it is an iphone
Badge +4
Dave wrote:

I realize that Dennis, lol. Though in this instance, it doesn't seem very practical.
Badge +4
Dave wrote:

A hard reset or reset is more akin to a battery pull. Placing the iPhone in Airplane mode simply disconnects the phone from the network. Resetting network settings is another method to try if having problems accessing the network.