Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Phone instrument is illegally classified as lost /stolen without any specific information.Phone service is working though

My phone instrument has been blocked by koodo saying it has been lost or stolen. Phone service itself works fine but instrument has been blocked. There is no information no investigation no reason for inputting illegal infromation about my phone being lost or stolen that to after 3 weeks of it being operational. This is extremely unethical practice and is causing grievous harm to the consumer. After 3 days of calling up numerous customer service and visiting kiosks with my phone I have come to conclusion that nobody cares two hoots about customers and good service is big bag of hot air. Have been using the instrument for 3 years and no company has meted me with such behaviour

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello I understand your frustration, did you buy the phone from someone recently? Maybe they sold it to you as a stolen device? Koodo won't lock the phone unless you report it as stolen or the phone has been blacklisted
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you have a few hours to spare.....

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1865288-blacklisted-Need-some-advices-from-you-experts

Your phone may have passed the "intial" test that Koodo provides, then blacklisted for other reasons that are not entirely transparent. Maybe previous owner owed Koodo a large balance over 90 days old.. who knows?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

[url=http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1865288-bl...

Koodo doesnt blacklist phones for non payment only if it's reported stolen.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

[url=http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1865288-bl...

It could be blacklisted by the previous carrier, if applicable.
Userlevel 5
Am I reading this correctly?
" [i]Have been using the instrument for 3 years and no company has meted me with such behaviour"
You have been using the phone for 3 years?
Have you been with Koodo all that time or another carrier?
If you recently changed to Koodo, it may have be Blacklisted by your previous carrier.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is it blacklisted or did you just switch to Koodo and it's not working? Could it be that the phone is locked to your previous carrier that you got the phone from and you need to unlock the phone?
My phone has been with me for last 3 years and was bought from store as unlocked. It has been functional till this date. Kodoo managed to bracket it as lost/stolen. Dont understand on what basis they have reached this conclusion .  Would be very interesting to know what logic and procedures they have followed . This can be used for other users who are facing the same music for apparently no reason whatsoever.
All money has been paid to the previous carrier and kodoo was functional for 20 days before they stopped the service on Canada Day evening.

Somebody gave a call on my phone from unknown number saying they are from Kodoo and need to ascertain my identity and need me provide information. I was in office and could not reply back saying to call later in the day (this was more in line since call was from unknown number) and wasnt sure who exactly needed my personal information. Later on found out that somebody did try to hack my email account from New Foundland location. I am not sure how is kodoo is involved as they are the only ones to know which email account is associated with my phone number.

One funny this was when I had visited koodo kiosk customer service rep kept my phone for almost 10 mins saying that they are changing the settings so that it can work as intended . She did keep on asking why do I have a lock on phone  Next day morning while looking at my account  found out that my phone has been reported as lost/stolen.-  Strange isnt it.

Kodoo needs to justify what made them go ahead and classify it as lost/stolen whereas on other phone companies search for lost /stolen phones this is not classified as lost/stolen at all. This act of individually putting customers in tight spot is not my idea of great company and possibly force them to buy new phone is more like fraud.

BTW visit to kiosk and call to customer service has the same response they have no idea what has happened and they cant help at all . Customer service always comes back with the same answer fraud department is the only one who can answer my queries and they will do it on their time and volition and there is no way I can reach out to them

My service is operational and being charged for it  except I cannot use my regular phone. I only need to buy a new phone or get locked into a new contract to make it work. Beautiful methods of fleecing customers.  
Userlevel 5
sauravu . wrote:

All money has been paid to the previous carrier and kodoo was functional for 20 days before they ...

Hi there!

We would like to look into this. Could you please send us an email from this link: http://koo.do/11eMLdy. Please make sure to select "Social Media" as a category and we will get back to you within the next couple of business days.

Thanks

If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello again sauravu We'll get someone to look into your case
Userlevel 7
You said you bought the phone unlocked. Koodo doesn't sell any phones unlocked except for the Nexus 5 because it comes that way. Are you sure you purchased the phone from a Koodo location? Or a retailer? Was it one of those little cell phone shops?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

You said you bought the phone unlocked. Koodo doesn't sell any phones unlocked except for the Nex...

They didn't say that it was bought from a Koodo store.
Userlevel 2
Jonathan I wrote:

You said you bought the phone unlocked. Koodo doesn't sell any phones unlocked except for the Nex...

Sauravu: When did it last upgrade the OS? My friend's phone was unlocked and then became locked when the OS upgraded.
Jonathan I wrote:

No upgrades done in last few weeks. From today onwards they have suspended the service in accordance with email sent to the account earlier saying I have requested for suspension of my account in effect from 6th July. Koodo customer service has no idea how this happened.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Have you sent an email as mentionned in Nabil's post?
Jonathan I wrote:

I have . No replies received so far. 
Userlevel 5
Jonathan I wrote:

Hey Sauravu,

We did not receive your email (in the Social Media category). Are you sure you selected "Social Media"? Otherwise we won't be able to reply to you ASAP. Please let us know 🙂.

Thanks!

Jonathan I wrote:

Yes Nabil. I positively did it keeping in mind that I have to select Social Media on 6th July  . 

One more instance of how Koodo systems dont work as intended. 

I have kept a copy of body of message as embedded on the page 

"I started my phone service at Walmart kiosk after submitting my papers SIN number, passport etc. Subsequently received a call from unknown number saying they are from fraud dept of koodo and need my details.I was in office and moreover it seemed like suspicious to get call from unknown number. Next days received msg on email saying that as requestd by me Koodo is sorry to see us go with effect from 6th July. 1st July my phone shows no service however the same sim card from another phone  works fine. later on website I find out my phone has been classified as lost stolen.today I find no my sim card is no longer operational. Meanwhile I give at least 5 calls to customer service and a visit to koodo kiosk at fairview mall . Sent all the identfication papers(passport etc) and rogers internet bill as address proof to email provided by kiosk personnel. Same imei number on http://cwta.ca/home/ doesnt show my phone which has been with me for last 3 years as either lost or stolen.Help required . "
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

The original owner must have reported your phone lost/stolen. Even if you bought the phone from someone, if it wasn't theres to sell then that doesn't matter; it's still a lost/stolen phone.
Jonathan I wrote:

You seem to be very confident . this phone was brought from apple store 3 years ago . steve jobs has a new job stealing mobiles . this is getting very interesting . http://cwta.ca/home/ claim that my mobile is not stolen or lost off course also futile since koodo is so convinced. Thanks but no Thanks
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

If its not blacklisted, then your phone is just broken lol But interesting conspiracy thoughts lol. Good luck
Jonathan I wrote:

Thats right . Rogers sim works fine on the instrument . And you are right they classified my phone as being stolen since it is broken strange logic rt.

Phone is not broken Koodo is broken and is running a scam.

Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

Go into your settings and make sure "Use 2G only" or "Use GSM only" isn't selected. No one is running a scam. But we can try to get you back up and running.
Jonathan I wrote:

Chad - I have requested to close my account with Service Rep two days in row now spending an hour every time as I have had no service now for 8 days . He point blank refused to do so . I am not sure about scam but I am damn sure that in any country of the world this would be called fraud of serious nature. I am on monthly plan and Koodo had stated in black and white that they would close the account if requested
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

Thats not what fraud is