Koodo Community

Community

phone call suddenly cutting off

My iphone 4 is suddenly not working in my house. It works just fine if I go outside or anywhere else. It always used to work in my house then about 2 weeks ago it keeps cutting out when I'm on the phone. It stays cut out until I go outside or hang up. What's going on?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It could be weaker network strength in the area temporarily or it could be your phone is getting weaker in signal reception. Does anyone else with Koodo or Telus or Public mobile have the same issue in your house? Can you find out? Or another phone you can put your Sim card in to isolate the likely problem?
Yes, my husband has the same phone as me and is with Telus. He's got exactly the same problem. Can't figure out if it's the phone or the signal. Telus says nothing has changed with their signals. How does changing the sim card help me narrow it down?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How long do your phones hold a charge? The iPhone 4 is about 65 in cellphone years, so may well be no longer working at prime, due aging battery.
Battery will still hold for a couple of days. Haven't noticed it draining faster than it did when I bought it 3.4 years ago.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Alanna Erdle wrote:

Battery will still hold for a couple of days. Haven't noticed it draining faster than it did when...

Then it could be a small change to the tower(s) servicing your area as new equipment is installed. For instance, LTE often shows fewer bars of signal strength than does 3G, even though the usefulness of the phone is unchanged.

It could also be that something has changed between you and the tower than is blocking what was previously a clear signal - it should even be as simple as a tree coming into leaf which wasn't a problem in the past.

On newer iPhones, Telus offers Wi-Fi calling, which will switch your service to your Wi-Fi when the cellular signal drops. This might be an option to consider, if the issue does not change for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Alanna Erdle wrote:

Battery will still hold for a couple of days. Haven't noticed it draining faster than it did when...

Also, have you tried it with LTE turned off ( if that option is available) on your phones?