Koodo Community

Community

Question

Phone activation

Hello,

Yesterday, I went to the Koodo store to get the $60 phone plan (BYOP). Everything was going well until I put the sim card into my iPhone 6s. Yes, the phone is unlocked. The person helping me assumed it was just a glitch into the system so he gave me a new phone number and a new sim card. After waiting for 20 mins, he said that theres a problem with the service for koodo. I had work so I couldn't wait and sit around. Fast forward 4 hours later, I still haven't received any connection. I called and he said it might take a day. 24 hours later, I still haven't gotten any connection. 

It is Easter weekend and nothing is open. I've been waiting for 2 days just to use my phone.
I don't know if my timing was just off but this is not a good look for Koodo.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What error are you seeing on your phone?

Have you tried to do a restore of your backed-up phone from iTunes?
Have you certainty of the unlock status of the phone, such as previously using it on a carrier other than it's initial carrier?
Was it purchased unlocked from Apple?

Userlevel 6
I haven't used an iPhone in years, but I believe you need to update the carrier settings, because you changed networks. When connected to WiFi, go to "settings/general/about" and see if a carrier settings update is available. If that doesn't work, then connect to iTunes, do a backup, then restore to factory settings.