Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Paying off tab and cancelling one line on account

We want to pay off the tab on our daughter's phone, transfer ownership to her, and cancel that line off our account.  Can we do that all online - and how long for that to take effect?  Alternatively, the cost at booth to do this immediately would be how much?  Once we do this then we are no longer responsible for that phone in any way?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
A transfer of ownership is done over the phone with customer service.
The cost is $10.
Transfers are no longer done at the store level.
Userlevel 5
To add to Mitchell's answer, once the transfer of ownership goes through it will be effective right away. The line will be cancelled in your account and activated in another account under your daughter's name. You will in no way be responsible for it anymore 🙂
How do I start the process to transfer ownership of this phone to my grandson?
Userlevel 7
Gabe Amar wrote:

How do I start the process to transfer ownership of this phone to my grandson?

Hi Gabe,

You would have to call Koodo with your grandon with you. Tell the agent you want to transfer the account, they will confirm with you and then speak with your grandson to get his account going. 
Could I call Koodo and explain that I want to transfer my daughter's phone into her name and have the koodo agent call my daughter's phone to finish the transfer?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Graham Simons wrote:

Could I call Koodo and explain that I want to transfer my daughter's phone into her name and have...

@Graham: you would have to call them first, notify the intention. Ideally, your daughter should call, when she got all documents for credit check https://www.koodomobile.com/help/credit-check-requirements

You could setup a callback through selfserve but then they might be late/or you have something else to do. If you can, I would suggest both of you visit a koodo kiosk. It would be quicker.