Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Pay tab first ? Before i sell

Do i have to pay off my tab first before i can sell and unlock my phone ? Im getting another phone but keeping my sim/monthly plan.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Your tab is tied to your account and not the device, so you can do whatever you want with it. Below are the requirements for Koodo to unlock your iPhone
[b]

Chad Burr wrote:

Your tab is tied to your account and not the device, so you can do whatever you want with it. Be...

Is it the phone that must be active on the Koodo network for 90 days or just simply an account active on the network for 90 days?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Your tab is tied to your account and not the device, so you can do whatever you want with it. Be...

I've heard both. I believe you just have to be a customer for 90 days. Feel free to give it a try and if it works than youre good!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Also if you want to upgrade your phone through Koodo, then you will need to pay off your tab first.
If you buy an unlocked phone(or Koodo phone) from someone else, then you don't need pay off your tab.

Add: I saw your other post.
If the phone you buy from someone that was also on koodo, then you can use your postpaid/monthly SIM and continue your service. It doesn't matter if that person was on prepaid 🙂
I have an iphone se with koodo that im selling, tab isnt fully paid off yet but i dont mind, anyways, do i personally have to go to koodo to get it unlocked or can the person im selling my phone to go get unlocked themselves ? And would a telus sim card work in any koodo phone and vice versa ?
Userlevel 7
Hailey A Skyy wrote:

I have an iphone se with koodo that im selling, tab isnt fully paid off yet but i dont mind, anyw...

SIM Cards from Telus, Koodo, or Public Mobile will all work in your Koodo iPhone without you needing to unlock it. However, there is more value in an Unlocked iphone vs one that is still carrier locked. So you have a slight advantage if you're planning to sell it on Kijiji or eBay unlocked.

If you're selling it to someone who is not a koodo or telus, customer, and you don't unlock the phone, then they will have to buy the unlock code themselves. You can also offer to do it for a fee.

You don't have to physically goto koodo to do the unlock. It can be done online through self serve as long as you meet the requirements I posted above.
Hailey A Skyy wrote:

I have an iphone se with koodo that im selling, tab isnt fully paid off yet but i dont mind, anyw...

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hailey A Skyy wrote:

The purchaser would also need to register the phone on an active Telus / Koodo account before it could be unlocked by Telus or Koodo. You might offer the phone with the option of an unlock with an additional fee.