Koodo Community
Question

Paid full price for data ad but the remainder disappears at the end of billing cycle?

• 1 August 2019
  • 7 replies

Should be data 'add'.
Is it that hard to add the balance to the next billing cycle? I hear Telus and others have unlimited data now... either getting a credit or cancelling. Rapige.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sorry editing here because I misunderstood. No one rolls over data to the next bill. What made you think a data add-ons would be different?

Telus owns Koodo. Bell is already raising it's prices to 85 and data overage to 120/GB. The unlimited part after is 512kbps. Not entirely useless but not far off.

Go wherever is best for you. You owe no corporation loyalty.
Userlevel 4
No one rolls over data to the next bill.
Go check out the second-tier brand of Quebecor.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No one rolls over data to the next bill.Go check out the second-tier brand of Quebecor.

Well I'll be damned. Forgot all about Fizz. 20 gigs and unlimited Canada talk for 61 and you can give people data. A two month rollover isn't much but it sure is a lot better than nothing.

Right, well, besides Fizz starting up last year then
Indeed. Should have added that it was just 3 days before the end of the cycle and used only 50 of the 300MB. I’d be ok with reducing the cost of the add on because technically I didn’t get what I paid for; the full 300.
Maybe I’ll just go pay as you go. Don’t use it enough to warrant a plan anyways.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Compare your usage to it. The base 15 dollar plan now includes 250mb of data. If you're a light user it could very well be cheaper.
Just saw that my 'plan', which is $30 for 100MB doesn't exist and that a $30 plan now has 1GB data (but no mins, which is fine). Some kind of email or notification would be nice I mean, do we really have to keep checking on a regular basis? "Hello Michael, this is your customer focused phone company letting you know that for what you are paying now, you can have a better plan!"
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just saw that my 'plan', which is $30 for 100MB doesn't exist and that a $30 plan now has 1GB data (but no mins, which is fine). Some kind of email or notification would be nice I mean, do we really have to keep checking on a regular basis?

Yes. Plan changes (seems) all the time. Promo plans keep coming and go.
You don't have to keep checking their plan, but you have better chance to grab some deals if you do it 😉