Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Overage on minutes

I was under the impression I had 500 minutes and free after 5 and weekends.  I have on my april bill $155.37 including tax that I would appreciate being removed.  I will be changing my plan to get more minutes per month, but I feel as this was never explained to me since I got on Koodo with my and my daughter's new phones which I also purchased from Koodo that this would be greatly appreciated.  Please advise as to having this done and I will be changing my plan to a better phone coverage for myself.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You realize this forum is inhabited by customer-volunteers who have no access to your account? Please review your PDF invoice, which you can download from self-serve to see what the situation was resulting in the higher than expected bill, as it may be other than you assumed. If there is an error, you will need to connect with Koodo directly, as described in the 'Contact Us' section, below. .
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You mentioned in this thread (https://community.koodomobile.com/koo...) that you may have some data overage charges in which you want a data block for. Is it possible that the $155.37 is for data overage charges?
No, the overage on the minutes was on my April bill which totaled with tax I believe $155.37 which I am not paying as I had no knowledge of.  My plan to my knowledge was that I would be informed via text when I hit %s of calling levels.  I received no such texts so I am not paying the overage on the calling.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robyn Puckett wrote:

No, the overage on the minutes was on my April bill which totaled with tax I believe $155.37 whic...

There are no notifications sent for minutes, only data. The reasoning being that it is relatively easy to track minutes consumed on your device as well as on the Self-serve site.

I recommend you address this with Koodo directly, as the simple action of refusing to pay, leads to undesirable damage to your credit rating.
Robyn Puckett wrote:

No, the overage on the minutes was on my April bill which totaled with tax I believe $155.37 whic...

I have emailed them thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Robyn,
You may want to temper your expectations here on a refund.

It sounds like you legitimately used the minutes.
It also sounds like you knew your plan was 500 minutes.

If the amount of overage was purely from minutes, you were over by around 5 hours!

I fail to see Koodo's error here.  Why would you get these minutes for free?  When I go over my plan for $100+ dollars (it's happened) I dont get a refund for the overages.

You may get lucky and get the amount refunded, but I just want to prepare you if this does not happen.  Good luck!

Oh and when changing your plan, watch out for pro-ration.  Ex. if you change your 500min plan mid cycle, you will have technically had 250mins for those 15 days.  So if you used 400mins during those 15 days, you will have incurred 150mins of overages