Koodo Community

Community

Old Tab Medium Price

I currently have the iPhone 7 and am looking to purchase a new phone. I am currently paying on tab medium but my plan is a $40 plan with 1GB of data which was offered a little over a year ago. I saw that now the medium plans start at $45, as opposed to the $40 when I purchased mine. Would I have to change my plan if I get another phone on the same tab because the plan that I would have to get in order to match the one that I have now would be $55 and that is a big jump in payment. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No, keep your plan and use Tab S (Put up to $240 on your Tab S instead of $360).
Yes, you have to pay more upfront,,,  but it's not worth to change your plan to a new plan to get Tab M.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

No, keep your plan and use Tab S (Put up to $240 on your Tab S instead of $360).
Yes, you have to...

None of the new iPhones come on Tab Small so op will be forced to go tab medium if upgrading to another iPhone.
If this is the case then yes, you will have to switch to a $45 plan to use tab medium. Otherwise, if you can get your phone on tab small like mayumi said that will likely be the better deal.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Yes, you have to...

I know. if she want i7 or i8 (I guess more likely since she has i7 now), she need to change her plan... but in that case I would buy it from Apple. 
 I wouldn't pay $15/mo  more for same plan ( you pay $180 more in 1 year).  I rather pay more upfront, or pay outright from Apple.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sometimes they may offer special deals only available on Tab M or Tab L. For example the iPhone 7 had 250$ activation credit for Tab L. Then, maybe it would be better to switch tabs. But most of the time it isn't better.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yeah, the upgrade to Tab Medium is not worth it as of now. Last week, it was $55 with 2GB of bonus for 2 years (so $55 for 3GB). I would hold on to the $40 until you find a better discount. As the Tab small is $240, it might be better to buy a phone outright, if you needed one.