Koodo Community

Community

Offer better service for unlocking the iPhone from Telus

You are in collaboration with Telus. My iPhone used to be with Telus because I bought it second hand. Now I cannot unlock it from the company because I do not have a Telus bill, but I have been with Koodo for 4 years. This is plain scam.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I don't understand. Telus and Koodo iPhones are identical. Koodo should be able to unlock it. That being said, I usually unlock my Koodo/Telus via eBay sellers. It's only about $25 and is the same permanent factory unlock via iTunes that Koodo would provide for you.
Userlevel 4
Ivan wrote:

I don't understand. Telus and Koodo iPhones are identical. Koodo should be able to unlock it. ...

Unfortunately, due to a technicality, if the phone was not purchased through Koodo, they cannot unlock it, even though Telus owns Koodo. I don't see how this is a scam.
Userlevel 5
Why do you even want to unlock the Telus iPhone? Telus iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5 work with Koodo without being unlocked anyways.
Userlevel 5
John Lee wrote:

Why do you even want to unlock the Telus iPhone? Telus iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5 work with Koodo without ...

Also, if you desire to unlock it due to any reason - You can go to online sites that will unlock the device for you.
Userlevel 1
John Lee wrote:

Why do you even want to unlock the Telus iPhone? Telus iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5 work with Koodo without ...

Best solution here: http://www.unlock-code-express.com, they'll unlcok it for $4.99$
John Lee wrote:

Do not try with this company, I paid a month ago and nothing. http://www.easyunlockingsolutions.com/
Userlevel 5
This isn't really a scam at all. Telus owns Koodo yes, but they are run/treated as separate companies. Best buy owns FutureShop, yet I can't use my Best Buy Reward Zone card in Future Shop, or return items bought at one store to the other one. Disney owns Marvel, yet if I wanted to buy/return/complain about something Disney I can't do it through Marvel. Being as it's a Telus phone (which luckily works with Koodo without being unlocked), you need to adhere to Telus's conditions to have the phone unlocked. "Eligibility Device unlocking applies to TELUS postpaid SIM-based devices that operate on our Mike, and 4G networks. 4G prepaid devices are also eligible if it was migrated from a previous postpaid account. In order to be eligible to have your device unlocked, you must ensure that your current device has been on the TELUS network for a minimum of 90 days and that your account is up to date and in good standing." Koodo's page on it is similar but worded differently. Note that the question refers to unlocking a Koodo phone and not one from another company. "Can I unlock my Koodo phone with SIM card? Yes. To be eligible, your Koodo phone with SIM card account must be in good standing. This means that you’ve paid your monthly bill in full for 3 consecutive months. Please call *611 from your Koodo Mobile phone, toll free at 1-866-99-KOODO or 416-279-8811 if you would like to unlock your phone. A $50 charge will apply. Just a heads up that if your phone is unlocked by a third party, your phone warranty will no longer be valid."
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Or why lock the phones to begin with
Userlevel 4
Dennis wrote:

Apple most likely was the reason behind that. Koodo should not be at fault.
Userlevel 1
Dennis wrote:

main reason is that apple is using his Oracle to monotor all locked iPHONES to worldwide wirless providers through Itunes apps. As soon as you connect your iphone to Itunes Apple checks if SIM used on it matches first locked provider if not it'll ask you to use proper provider SIM, except unlocked iPHONES bought directly from APPLE stores.