Koodo Community
Solved

NOT SOLVED Cubans’s Koodo clients are subject to submit theirs Cuba’s contact list in order to call there

Hi Koodo community, sorry for reopen this topic, but this topic HAS NOT BEEN SOLVED
was closed for comments, once other cubans started commenting

Here it is:

The Koodo’s anti fraud department oblige Cubans clients to submit every number they need to call in Cuba in order to be unblocked.

That means, when you try to rich 90% of Cuba’s numbers Koodo say: “The number you call is in a range that has been blocked for security reasons”

I already tried with many Cuba numbers with different patterns and the results is the same.

I contacted two time the Koodo Customer Service, lost around 3h at the phone and the final answer is: the anti fraud department ask a form for every number you need to call in order to unblock it and then allow you to make the call.

I found that really abusive and privacy violating because I don’t want to give Koodo my entire contact list to allow it to know it.

If I need to call a new number in an urgent situation I
CAN’T. People, what kind of jokes is this??!!

Please, Help the Cuban’s community which have been trusting Koodo as theirs provider.

thank you in advance
icon

Best answer by Ismail.koodo 3 January 2019, 22:45

Hello there!

I would like to inform you that only certain numbers that are deemed potentially unsafe are blocked by the fraud department.

If this applies to some of the numbers you are calling, then you can contact us to have the fraud department look into it, the fraud department can still refuse to unblock the number if it suspects that it is a fraudulent one.

Here at Koodo we take the security of our customers very seriously and we are constantly reviewing our methods and policies and updating them.

I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you but that is the process we have in place at the moment.

Thank you for your understanding 🙂

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
https://community.koodomobile.com/iphone-81489/cubans-s-koodo-clients-are-subject-to-submit-theirs-cuba-s-contact-list-in-order-to-call-there-7792468/index2.html#post19824592

Like I said, you might have better luck getting support on a place like Reddit
Hey @Dennis, to answer your very disrespectful comment to mine:

Dennis . Mobile Master . 12124 replies . 1 hour ago
LeFouetDeFibonacci wrote:
We are talking about different filtering @Denis. Sure, this is the convenient solution for Koodo, incapable of giving the best solutions for clients not for it. The filtering I’m talking about is which client deserves efforts for a more rational solution? Probably they want to desapear Cubans clients just because they take really advantage of the 30min free call out of the country, and it can’t just say that to avoid politicals problems.

Why would they not want Cuban clients? I think you are reading more into this that what it is. Money from cuban customers is just as valuable as money from other customers. Maybe you should be telling fraudsters to stop using Cuban numbers

My answer:

"Maybe you should be telling fraudsters to stop using Cuban numbers"

They way you answer in this forum, I can ensure you know the fraudsters better than me.
Tell me something, when you start working for Koodo undercover?, telling clients or people needing help here, what Koodo don't tell to theirs clients. How much they pay to you?

You are embarrassing this forum as the Mobile Master you are.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Dennis . Mobile Master . 12124 replies . 1 hour agoLeFouetDeFibonacci wrote:
We are talking about different filtering @Denis. Sure, this is the convenient solution for Koodo, incapable of giving the best solutions for clients not for it. The filtering I’m talking about is which client deserves efforts for a more rational solution? Probably they want to desapear Cubans clients just because they take really advantage of the 30min free call out of the country, and it can’t just say that to avoid politicals problems.

Why would they not want Cuban clients? I think you are reading more into this that what it is. Money from cuban customers is just as valuable as money from other customers. Maybe you should be telling fraudsters to stop using Cuban numbers

My answer:

They way you answer in this forum, I can ensure you know the fraudsters better than me.
Tell me something, when you start working for Koodo undercover?, telling clients or people needing help here, what Koodo don't tell to theirs clients. How much they pay to you?

The root cause is the fraudsters. Koodo's counter measures are only the symptoms. Maybe instead of attacking the symptoms, you should be attacking the root cause. You might more success that way
Dennis wrote:

Dennis . Mobile Master . 12124 replies . 1 hour agoLeFouetDeFibonacci wrote:

My answer:

The root cause is the fraudsters. Koodo's counter measures are only the symptoms. Maybe instead of attacking the symptoms, you should be attacking the root cause. You might more success that way

I pay Koodo for give me a service ruled by a contract. I really stop answering you because is not progressing, is an no sense comment after other, now you say I have to attack fraudsters LOL.
You should be attacking the fraudster, Mobile Master LOL
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Hello there!

I would like to inform you that only certain numbers that are deemed potentially unsafe are blocked by the fraud department.

If this applies to some of the numbers you are calling, then you can contact us to have the fraud department look into it, the fraud department can still refuse to unblock the number if it suspects that it is a fraudulent one.

Here at Koodo we take the security of our customers very seriously and we are constantly reviewing our methods and policies and updating them.

I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you but that is the process we have in place at the moment.

Thank you for your understanding 🙂
Ismail.koodo wrote:

Hello there!

Thank you for your understanding :)

Thank you so much Ismail,

How can I contact the fraud department directly? Because I can only talk with Customer Service. They ask me the number (I don't wanna given them my contact list), fill a form and then send it to fraud department. Then I have to wait 48 hours, to be able to make the call.

I really appreciate how Koodo takes theirs customer security as a very serious thing. But it's the way theirs clients experiment its solutions for this topic.

At least if I just have to send a message with some code to unlock the number I want to call, but is not as simple, I have to lose 2 hours and 2 days.

What's happens if I new to call a new number there for an urgent situation?

Thanks in advance
Who marks this topic as SOLVED? Come on..!!! really?
is NOT SOLVED
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You may want to review your terms of service to see exactly what koodo does, (and does not), promise to provide you with under that contract.

https://www.koodomobile.com/legal
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

You may want to review your terms of service to see exactly what koodo does, (and does not), promise to provide you with under that contract.

https://www.koodomobile.com/legal

Thanks, the solution to our problem is not here in this forum
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@LeFouetDeFibonacci - an official response to your inquiry was provided. It may not be to your liking, but the answer from Koodo was provided.

To further elaborate on the situation:
Toll fraud is the theft of long distance service by an unknown third party. The unknown third party may gain access to a customer's phone line through various methods (i.e. Voice Mail, Remote Access, etc.) The thieves can be Call Sell operators - groups that steal and sell long distance for profit, - or other organized groups that generate a high volume of international or Caribbean calls to premiums numbers for a profit.

Koodo Long Distance Terms state that if a call has originated with, or passed through a customer's equipment, that customer is responsible for the charges associated with the call, whether the call is authorized or not. In order to prevent toll fraud on our lines, the Koodo Fraud Management team routinely blocks specific international line ranges related to toll fraud traffic.

Our fraud department blocks specific line ranges in a country as a security measure for toll fraud prevention. We do not block calling to entire countries.

As @Ismail.koodo mentioned above, if you have specific numbers that you call regularly, that may fall under this 'block', you can submit them for review to get unblocked.

While we understand that this may not be ideal for innocent customers that wish no ill will to others, it's the reality we're in, and we do have to put measures in place to protect our customers due to a few bad apples. And although you're stating right now that you don't want this type of 'protection', there are many others that would clog up our phone lines (rightfully so), to dispute erroneous charges if impacted by this type of activity, so preventative measures are necessary.

We have +30 countries that are impacted by this type of activity, and which fall under these type of precautions - no vendetta against Cuba specifically.
Thank you @Ranjan Koodo,
your comment is really descriptive, helpful and respectful
I just unblock many numbers I need to call frecuently, I realize there are just two province I need to call there within the blocked range.

Resuming, please, if someday I can help anyway to solve this fraud problem, I’ll be fully available for that.

Thanks to the Koodo’s representatives