Koodo Community
Question

Not Registered To a Network

• 19 September 2019
  • 9 replies

Yesterday my phone froze up for about an hour. After that it started saying "Not registered to a network" when I tied to make calls. As I was driving, it would sometimes make calls and other times not. Today it is not working. I went to the koodo store and the girl changed my sim card. perfect. it was not working perfect there but buddy told me to give it a bit of time. now I am at home and AGAIN it is not working.

You have A.I. answering questions online and you only schedule call backs, but how in the heck do you schedule a callback to a phone that is not registering to a network.

I need someone from koodo to make my phone work, and the only way to speak to me is online as my phone WILL NOT CONNECT TO A NETWORK.

to add to that, my number for my messages has been erased and it will not allow my to put a new one in. buddy in the store said to schedule a call back....BUT I CANT!!!!!

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you tried putting your SIM card in another phone to see if thebproblem follows?

You can use a different phone number to get the callback. There VoIP apps that give you a free number if that's an issue.
Is that not somethin they would have done when I went to the store this morning.
Now I have to wait until my wife get home to try my sim in her phone, which means 2 phones will be out of commission. then if that doesn't work, which I am suspecting it will not as the sim card is brand new from the koodo store this morning, your suggesting I download an unsupported VOIP app and contact your through there. wow....that sounds extremely backwards. and stop having your staff like comments, its a crock of shit.
Hows about a Koodo person contact me on here and have a look at my account rather than giving me the run around.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is that not somethin they would have done when I went to the store this morning.
Now I have to wait until my wife get home to try my sim in her phone, which means 2 phones will be out of commission. then if that doesn't work, which I am suspecting it will not as the sim card is brand new from the koodo store this morning, your suggesting I download an unsupported VOIP app and contact your through there. wow....that sounds extremely backwards. and stop having your staff like comments, its a crock of shit.

The staff at the Kiosks are sales people. They are are not techs and may not have tired what Goran suggested.

You can go back to the store to try out. Or even put a working sim to try in your phone to see if the issue with the phone or wait for your wife. Testing a sim takes a minute so your wife wont have her phone out of commission for long.

SInce your phone is not working, you can always send a private message to Koodo via facebook or twitter. Note that it is not a live chat and will take some time to reply.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No Koodo staff liked comments.

I flagged the issue to a Koodo person, as you requested my lord. Now grow some manners.
im actually talking to an awesome tech "Alexia" on FB right now. much easier and she is awesome. you should offer that option as 90% people are always running a text app and FB chat.
thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
im actually talking to an awesome tech "Alexia" on FB right now. much easier and she is awesome. you should offer that option as 90% people are always running a text app and FB chat.
thanks

Did the tech solve the issue? What is Alexia suggesting you try?
Yes she did. turns out my entire phone is pooched. Alexia should be given a bonus for her amazing service however my A8 is less then 1.5 years old and its completely pooched. Horrible Quality!!!
Userlevel 3
Hey Gorgan! Upon checking, it seems an offer was made by one of our colleagues to get a new phone, if you'd like. You can redeem it within the next 90 days, and if you have any question that, please feel free to reach out to us anytime 🙂