Koodo Community

Not receiving text messages in the US

Last month I while traveling in the US, I wasn't receiving all of my text messages. Messages originating in Canada were always received. However, most messages originating from US cell phones weren't received until I got back to Canada several days later. When my phone finally connected to Koodo's network while driving towards the border, I received the 33 texts I didn't get while traveling. I'm using an iPhone 4 and had purchased the 30-day US roaming add-on. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas what the problem was?

4 replies

Userlevel 1
The 30 dyas USA roaming add-ons include 20$ SMS and 20$ Talk for 50minutes - did you purchase both or just one, Combo cost 40$?
Userlevel 4
The 30 dyas USA roaming add-ons include 20$ SMS and 20$ Talk for 50minutes - did you purchase bot...That doesn't really answer the question... Even if he didn't have any roaming add-ons, texting, for the most part, should still work as long as he is connected to a network
Userlevel 1
The 30 dyas USA roaming add-ons include 20$ SMS and 20$ Talk for 50minutes - did you purchase bot...He still can receive messages orginating from Canada while in USA but not ones sent from USA, I am sure he was connected to USA network, I do not have any logic explanation to that he should call Koodo Tech to have more feedback on what happened!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That shouldnt be happening. I would call Koodo and request my money back for that add-on if you were not receiving the texts until you got back