Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Not getting straight answers fo Unlimited SMS and pictures

Have an iPhone with 25$ 100 minutes and unlimited text and pictures.

I did not buy data at all and don't want to be charged for any. But, I'm reading that I have to turn on the "cellular data" option to send a picture. Is that so say that I have to reconfigure my iPhone EVEYTIME I want to send a picture?!?! This doesn't make any sense.

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
hi,
Are you using imessage on iPhone? It could be the iMessage that asked for data to send pictures.
You could try by turning on the option "send as sms" and "MMS messaging" in Settings --> Messages. Hope it could work. If not, you would have to turn off iMessage to send MMS, I guess.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

You can add the "$2/month Data Block w/ Pic Msg" add-on.

The $2 data block is for monthly users. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Phillippe, based on your tagging of this post you are a prepaid customer. Have you tried sending a picture message? It should work no problem. 
Nope. I tried everything. Just spoke to a Koodo CRM. Says I have to turn on and off cell data to send pics. This makes no sense.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Philippe Ventura wrote:

Nope. I tried everything. Just spoke to a Koodo CRM. Says I have to turn on and off cell data to ...

Yes, but you have no data add-on on your prepaid account, as you said, so I'm unsure what you are concerned of. 
Philippe Ventura wrote:

Nope. I tried everything. Just spoke to a Koodo CRM. Says I have to turn on and off cell data to ...

Let me understand. I purchased no data so no data can accidentally be used? I’m asking because at Videotron, if you didn’t purchase data but accidentally used an app that used data, you were charged for it on a pay as you use basis. Very unacceptable. Therefore, I leave cell data on and I can send pics and only be charged for that?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Philippe Ventura wrote:

You are on prepaid correct? If yes, indeed there is no ability to use data without a data add-on. However, in order to send a picture your data would have to be turned on on your handset. Does this help? 
Philippe Ventura wrote:

Finally! An answer that makes sense. Yes. It’s prepaid. So, I may leave cell data on, pics will go thru, but no other data will go thru. Please confirm.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Philippe Ventura wrote:

Confirmed.

Truth to be told, I'm peeved you didn't get this answer from our reps so will follow up with them. Thanks for the heads up!
Philippe Ventura wrote:

THANK YOU!!!!
Philippe Ventura wrote:

Nope. Not true. Just got charged 7$. Data is not blocked
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Philippe Ventura wrote:

What do you mean? What's the $7 charge? If you are on a prepaid plan it couldn't have happened.
Philippe Ventura wrote:

I swear. Prepaid.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Philippe Ventura wrote:

Can you post your transaction history, minis personal info, so I can possibly get a better understanding what's going on.
Philippe Ventura wrote:

Philippe Ventura wrote:

That is not prepaid.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Philippe Ventura wrote:

I think you are on a monthly postpaid plan, not prepaid.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Philippe Ventura wrote:

You'll want the $2/month data block with picture messaging add on to use data without being charged overages.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Philippe Ventura wrote:

@ Phillipe, the folks above are correct. Looks like you are on monthly plan. You tagged this thread on the top as being a prepaid customer. Hence the answers provided. 😞

Send us a private message on Facebook (mention this thread and my name) we'll help you out on the $7 charge. Then, as per Allan, you could decide to get the $2 add on if you want to send picture messages without incurring data charges. 
Philippe Ventura wrote:

I was sure I had a prepaid. Ok. Thank you. How do I add the 2$ data block?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Philippe Ventura wrote:

It is done through selfserve (rateplan --> addon)

Philippe Ventura wrote:

Thx!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Philippe Ventura wrote:

Look for this: