Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Not A Koodo Customer

i am not a koodo customer but i bought a phone locked to koodo and now i want to unlock this phone. What are the steps? and do i need a koodo sim card?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
In order to unlock a Koodo phone you need to be a Koodo customer, or to fin one willing to do it for you! Here's the info : http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/sim-cards-and-non-koodo-phones/how-do-i-know-if-i-am-eligible-to-get-my-koodo-phone-unlocked
Robert wrote:

In order to unlock a Koodo phone you need to be a Koodo customer, or to fin one willing to do it ...

so i would need to open a prepare account then call koodo and tell them i need my phone unlocked?
Userlevel 6
Robert wrote:

In order to unlock a Koodo phone you need to be a Koodo customer, or to fin one willing to do it ...

Koodo can't unlock your phone if you create a Prepaid Account. It has to be Postpaid and there is a fee of $35 (cheapest unlocking fee in the market).
Robert wrote:

what is postpaid?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Post-paid is where you pay for a monthly plan. But keep in mind you need to be a Kooso custommer for 3 months at least. Therefore, you'D be better unlocking your phone on ebay!
Userlevel 7
Robert wrote:

You can get a phone unlocked with a prepaid account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Confirmed what Ahmad just said, you can certainly unlock a Koodo phone with a prepaid account! You need to top up enough to have $35 credit and the rep will unlock the phone when you dial 611.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

That said, depending on the phone you may be cheaper off just going with a 3rd party, check out cellunlocker.net or unlockbox.ca (my two favorite sites). eBay is a good place to check too.
Robert wrote:

do you need a credit check in order to get a prepaid account?
Userlevel 5
Robert wrote:

No credit check is required for a Prepaid account but like Sophia mentioned above I'd check out those sites. A lot less of a hassle than setting up a account just to unlock a phone.