Koodo Community

Community

Solved

No WiFi

I am sick and tired of not being able to stay connected to WiFi with my IPhone 4. I've taken it back and have been told that it's a network issue not a phone issue. That's funny because my co-workers have the same phone and same Koodo network and they have no issues so clearly it's a phone issue. I stay connected for a minute and then it disconnects, I've reloaded the OS and tried lots of things to no avail. I pay for extended warranty on the phone yet Future Shop refuses to help me and blames Koodo. End of the day I'm the one getting screwed! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! My phone is not even a year old yet...6 months ago I got it.

14 replies

Userlevel 6
When they said network, they probabbly referred to your internet provider network. Kood has nothing to do with your wi-fi. You can take the SIM card out of any phone and it should work perfectly well on wi-fi still. Your phone may indeed has a glitch I would talk to the Future Shop manager. It's ridiculous that they want to pass this to koodo. The phone is Apple, the store that sold it to you is Future shop along with an extended warranty between the two of them this should be resolved.
Agreed. Explained that to the moron but he refused. Said if they can connect in the store then they can't do anything. More like they didn't want to do anything. Manager said same thing - we don't get reimbursed. I'm like yeah well when you sold me the phone with ext warranty that costs me $7 a month with no worries. Bullshiat! I'm gonna cancel the ext warranty and just call apple directly! Still has warranty - I hate future shop!
Userlevel 4
Dharmesh Patel wrote:

Agreed. Explained that to the moron but he refused. Said if they can connect in the store then t...

Usually, any warranty with iPhones need to go directly through Apple. 3rd Party retailers have no obligation to assist with phone issues. Even Koodo stores would have limited support. Apple is very picky how issues are handled with their products...
Userlevel 1
Dharmesh Patel wrote:

Agreed. Explained that to the moron but he refused. Said if they can connect in the store then t...

So when dealing with apple phones the owner has to deal with apple DIRECT?
Userlevel 4
Dharmesh Patel wrote:

For the most part, yeah. UNLESS the place where they bought it at can help due to personal knowledge of the device. Koodo reps at stores might be able to if they have the knowledge but Apple is pretty picky how tech support is done on the physical device.
Userlevel 2
Dharmesh Patel wrote:

I think a good lesson to take from this experience is that it makes sense to deal with companies we like!
Better off paying $7 towards the tab!
Userlevel 7
Dharmesh Patel wrote:

Better off paying $7 towards the tab!

Yeah, Future Shop's warranty isn't any good, especially for iPhones. You should have gotten AppleCare+ instead.
Userlevel 1
If they can connect to the Wifi in the store OK (as you say they can) then it sounds like it could be an issue with the Wifi network you are using which has nothing to do with Koodo, Apple, Future Shop or Santa Claus 🙂
Userlevel 4
Steve wrote:

If they can connect to the Wifi in the store OK (as you say they can) then it sounds like it coul...

I now have freshly made coffee all over my desk thanks to this post. I don't think it came out of my nose....
Userlevel 1
Steve wrote:

If they can connect to the Wifi in the store OK (as you say they can) then it sounds like it coul...

Glad I was able to brighten your day - apologies for the coffee.
Userlevel 4
Steve wrote:

It was worth it.
Steve wrote:

No it connects for a minute and then stops working. I proved it in the store to which he replied "our interest network here is shit". Well my internet at home and work is not shit so something wrong with the phone. Will call apple I guess
Userlevel 4
Steve wrote:

For future posts, please do not use foul language.