Koodo Community

Community

Solved

no sim message recurring and poor reception

I recently transferred my phone (Iphone 5) from Telus to Koodo, I have never issues like this previously, but since I got the SIM card for Koodo I have had at least 4 times that a message came up on the screen that no sim was detected....I reinstalled the card (I am very experienced with SIM cards from work) and rebooted the phone each time  also periodically I get no signal strength indicators and cannot use the phone (in Charlottetown!) , and the best I ever get now is 2 or 3 bars of service..With the Telus SIM I rarely ever had less than 3 and usually 4....I believe I have a bad SIM card and request Koodo replace it with another.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
For the signal, go into Settings>Cellular Networks> Preferred Network Type, and put it to GSM/WCDMA preferred. See if that helps with your signal. If not, you can change it back.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

For the signal, go into Settings>Cellular Networks> Preferred Network Type, and put it to GSM/WC...

That won't help as he's not using an Android.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

For the signal, go into Settings>Cellular Networks> Preferred Network Type, and put it to GSM/WC...

Read that completely wrong. FAIL
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's probably a bad SIM card as you've said, but I'd try resetting your network settings first:

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

You'll lose any saved WiFi passwords.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Does the SIM card work on another phone?
Userlevel 5
Hey Bob! Have you tried to replace the SIM like Ivan suggested? Keep us posted!