Koodo Community

Community

Solved

No sim

iPhone 6s says no SIM card from time to time. I don't do anything specific just randomly throughout the day my SIM card seems to not register in my phone. A hard reset gets the cell service back again. Only started happening this week not sure what's happening

3 replies

Userlevel 7
SIM cards have a delicate tiny chip in them so they can be easily damaged. I would suggest replacing the SIM if it becomes a constant issue. If that does not fix the problem, then there may be a problem with your SIM tray/reader. If your iPhone is under 1 year since purchase, you can get it repaired/replaced at an Apple Store.
Awesome thanks. It's happened once yesterday and twice today so might try getting a new card. Thanks for the quick reply
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Alex Lilley wrote:

Awesome thanks. It's happened once yesterday and twice today so might try getting a new card. Tha...

Or maybe Sim is not sitting right on the tray. Try taking it out and put it back, and re-start your phone. I had a same experience and I was wiggling it around, then my phone /Sim works well sine then. If it doesn't work, then you can get a new Sim as Jonathan suggested.