Koodo Community

Community

Solved

no servie in UK

iphone 6 says no service in UK. do I need to do something special to roam in UK. I have an iphone 6 and I can not get any service. I have tried to manually switched to Vodafone and EE but I still dont get any service. Please let me know if I have to do something specific to get service ?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
"Go to the Plans and Add-ons page and select Add-ons. If you do not already have Pay Per Use Intl Long Distance add-on ($0/month) in your included services or optional add-ons, add this. In addition, you will need to add International Voice Roaming ($0/month) in order to call and text, while travelling outside of Canada and the U.S." This is directly from the koodo FAQ http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/travelling For your next trip, you should consider unlocking your iphone and getting a prepaid sim from the place you travel to. It's usually quite a lot more cost effective than roaming. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Keep in mind you also cannot be on SLP if you want to roam internationally.
Userlevel 7
Also keep in mind that if you're a prepaid customer you cannot roam either (not saying you're a prepaid customer, but it applies to them as well). Just my two cents 🙂
Thanks Daniel adding that addon did the trick. I now have service I agree I should get my phone unlocked because the charges are INSANE!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Atif Islam wrote:

Thanks Daniel adding that addon did the trick. I now have service I agree I should get my phon...

If you get your phone unlocked Lebara offers some fantastic prices on prepaid. Vodafone is probably the best major carrier there.