Koodo Community
Solved

no services - Travelling to Europe

• 24 June 2019
  • 7 replies

I have been in Europe for the last 2 days and I cannot get services out here.
I have tried all the troubleshooting suggested on Koodo site, changed SIM to different phone, reset network, manually selecting network and nothing.
my husband is using Fido with no problem. I have the roaming add-on.
I don’t know what else to try to get services. At least receive important calls!
Please help
icon

Best answer by Dany Koodo 24 June 2019, 15:21

Hello Jeca! Sad to hear about not having the roaming available. Your line wasn't equipped for roaming at the time with everything it needed and we didn't know you were travelling. Could you power off and power on the phone and check if it works? Let us know when you have the chance.
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I've flagged this for a rep to look into. It might need a reset or something somewhere on your account.

Alternatively you can get a local prepaid sim. 98% it's going to be significantly cheaper than roaming and if you'll be in the EU mostly, you can even get EU roaming data with most plans included.
I already have a sim from Europe but I need to receive phone calls on this line.
Userlevel 3
Hello Jeca! Sad to hear about not having the roaming available. Your line wasn't equipped for roaming at the time with everything it needed and we didn't know you were travelling. Could you power off and power on the phone and check if it works? Let us know when you have the chance.
Hi Dany,
thanks for looking into this, I finally have a line here!
Cheers
Jeca
Userlevel 3
You're welcome! I am glad to hear it!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How come did this happen? When you text easy roam, aren't all things needed updated in the account?
Userlevel 3

Hello Jeca! Sad to hear about not having the roaming available. Your line wasn't equipped for roaming at the time with everything it needed and we didn't know you were travelling. Could you power off and power on the phone and check if it works? Let us know when you have the chance.How come did this happen? When you text easy roam, aren't all things needed updated in the account?

Most likely that didn't happen so I just added everything for her.