Koodo Community

Community

Solved

No Service on prepaid card

Hi! I am having a similar problem with my recently purchased and activated prepaid sim card. Since I am using my own phone, I even took it with me when making the purchase. The employee at the kiosk checked online and assured me that the sim should work fine with my handset. Its been a few hours and still the 'No Service' message shows up even when I restart it. Please help!

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What kind of phone is it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Was your phone unlocked?
Its an iphone 3gs 2011 model. and yes it was bought factory unlocked. The seller even checked my phone's IMEI number on a koodo website to confirm that the sim would in fact be compatible with my phone! And now I'm stuck with no service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You need to update your carrier settings via itunes. Here's how: http://koodomobile.com/en/on/switch2koodo-step-3-d.shtml
Hi! So I did folllow the steps and update my network settings. Now although it says the carrier is Koodo 14.1 under General>About, it still says 'Not Available for the network and 'No Service' in the top left hand corner. I don't feel very happy about this=(
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ayushi Pitchika wrote:

Hi! So I did folllow the steps and update my network settings. Now although it says the carrier i...

Did you make sure you have your 3G on? Koodo runs on 3G and 4G and does Not have a 2G network
Ayushi Pitchika wrote:

Hi! So I did folllow the steps and update my network settings. Now although it says the carrier i...

XOXO
Yup its finally working! Hallejah!! I just switched on the 3G and it worked like a charm=) Can't tell you how much I appreciate your help! Seriously you ROCK!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
YAY! Glad it's working Ayushi 🙂