Koodo Community

Community

Solved

No service on my new iPhone! Help!

My koodo phone that I got three days ago lost service and it hasn't come back, I've tried everything took out the SIM card, shut down the phone, reset the carrier settings and every time it says searching then goes back to no service. Someone please help me!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Based on the steps you have already taken, I would recommend you try resetting the phone to factory settings. If you still have no service, go back to the Koodo store and they should be able to try using a new SIM card. Typically they won't charge you for the new card either!
Userlevel 2
Are you within the Koodo Coverage area? have you tried a "network search" ?
I've tried everything, now it's saying no SIM
The same thing happened to me took it to koodo new sin card won't do anything you might have gotten a faulty phone you have to call apple and you have to buy a new phone and if you want it replaced they want you to pay in full or you send your phone in and they look at it and maybe fix it apple is crap I would just get a different phone you need a credit card to pay for it apple overage is a joke
Userlevel 7
Alana Stone wrote:

The same thing happened to me took it to koodo new sin card won't do anything you might have gott...

If the phone was purchased just days ago, then their a manufacturer warranty on it. Use the following apple website link to follow some steps and get in contact with apple to solve the issue if a new SIM card did not work. http://www.apple.com/ca/support/iphone/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Alana Stone wrote:

The same thing happened to me took it to koodo new sin card won't do anything you might have gott...

Apple overage? An iPhone that fails under warranty is replaced in-store on the spot with a new one. Even if it's physically damaged (which isn't covered by standard warranty), you can purchase a replacement at less than half-price. And their warranty is global, meaning that you can get your phone replaced in any Apple Store worldwide. I'm not a big fan of Apple, but their warranty service is the best in the industry.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If it is within the 14 day return period, it can be returned for a fresh phone, if you discover replacing the SIM does not work. I suggest contacting the location you purchased the phone for next sensible steps. Hopefully you can be enjoying your iPhone in short order.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Try settings > reset > reset network settings. You'll lose any saved WiFi passwords.