Koodo Community

Community

Solved

No Service on IPhone!?

I have no service on my Iphone 4s. I had service this morning but as soon as 830 am hit, I lost service. I paid my bill and I don't have any other network to connect to on my carrier networks. Can you please help me? I am in the St. Catharines/ Niagara Falls area.

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Turn the phone in airplane mode for 10 seconds and turn it back off.
I am going to suggest a hard reset. Hold the power button down and the homescreen button down together at the same time. Watch the device power off and the apple icon to appear. Let the icon disappear. Then wait about 30 seconds and power the device on only holding down the power button at the top right. This should fix it. Let us know. 🙂
Userlevel 2
Did you happen to turn off 3G in the phone? 3G needs to be on in order for the phone to have service.
Myke wrote:

Did you happen to turn off 3G in the phone? 3G needs to be on in order for the phone to have serv...

Does the 3G use data on the phone or it just needs to be on for the phone to have service and connect to a provider ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Myke wrote:

Did you happen to turn off 3G in the phone? 3G needs to be on in order for the phone to have serv...

3G doesn't use data. It's called the 3G network. In order to use data there' the option called Cellular Data. This will use data and can be localized in Settings > Cellular > cellular data
Userlevel 7
Can you manually search for a network and connect to Koodo instead? Since you're near the border, I feel like it's trying to connect to an American carrier but got stuck in the process.