Koodo Community

Community

Solved

No Service - iPhone 4

I took the sim card out of my old phone and put it inside my iPhone 4, the phone recognizes the koodo sim card but displays "No Service". Anyone know why?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Is it either a Koodo/Telus iPhone or unlocked?
my iPhone 4 is factory unlocked from apple
Userlevel 7
mark34 wrote:

If your sim card works in one phone, but not in the factory unlocked iPhone then it's definitely a phone issue. I would take it to Apple. You could try resetting the network settings in settings -> general -> reset -> reset network settings
mark34 wrote:

I restored the entire phone, and re-inserted the sim-card numerous times, It work fine on my other phone but it wont work on the iPhone.
mark34 wrote:

My iphone 4 keep saying no servive, plz help me sort it out. I am now phoneless.

I think if it is an iphone 4 you should connect it to iTunes
I connected it to itunes but nothing pops up such as a carrier update. In the about section, it says Koodo 14.0 as the carrier version

Userlevel 7
Is your 3G off by any chance? Settings -> general -> cellular
I enabled 3G and it work now! thank you so much! I dont have the data add-on at the moment, will I be charged if 3G is enabled? cellular data is off though
Userlevel 7
mark34 wrote:

I enabled 3G and it work now! thank you so much! I dont have the data add-on at the moment, will ...

As long as 3G is on and cellular data is off, you won't incur any data charges. I'm glad I could help get your phone working for you tonight, enjoy! 🙂
mark34 wrote:

I enabled 3G and it work now! thank you so much! I dont have the data add-on at the moment, will ...

help can't change carrier on phone from bell to koodo

mark34 wrote:

help someone out there.
iphone is unlocked 4 and carrier still says bell on the phone...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mark34 wrote:

Did you activate your sim card?
Did you try to re-start your phone?(power off and on)