Koodo Community

Community

Solved

no service for prepaid sim on iphone 3g

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Where did the phone come from? I mean what carrier was it used on before?
It was bought in the US and was unlocked in the Philippines. It was working well with sims in the Philippines.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Marie Nez wrote:

It was bought in the US and was unlocked in the Philippines. It was working well with sims in the...

Aye.... it might not have the correct bands for Canadian networks, Marie, sorry 😞 It might work with Rogers because they support GSM but it would actually be very slow even then. You may want to treat yourself to a new iPhone... the newer ones usually work anywhere at all.
Anyways,thank you for the reply.
Userlevel 2
Did you enable the 3G? The iPhone 3G only came in one variant so it should work if it's a iPhone 3g, that is unlocked
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Subaru_Andy wrote:

Did you enable the 3G? The iPhone 3G only came in one variant so it should work if it's a iPhone...

I agree. My old 3GS needed data on to work on voice. I added a small data booster to avoid surprises.
Subaru_Andy wrote:

Did you enable the 3G? The iPhone 3G only came in one variant so it should work if it's a iPhone...

yup,3g is on and data is also on but still no network coverage.
Userlevel 4
Try deleting network and carried settings and restart. Also cone ting to iTunes with the SIM card inserted in the phone. Also try ejecting and reinserting Sim
Userlevel 3
Hello Marie! Is everything working now? Keep us posted :) 
I still don't have the network coverage until now. I have done all their suggestions already.
Userlevel 6
Marie Nez wrote:

I still don't have the network coverage until now. I have done all their suggestions already.

Hi Marie, at that point the best is to call our technical support directly. We can be reached at 1-866-995-6636 from another phone, option #6. Although we offer limited support on non-Koodo phone, we'll do our best to make it works 🙂 Thank you!