Koodo Community
Question

No service at Koodo

I made a mistake when trying to look at getting a new phone on my account and clicked erase existing plan. My wife has told me to get rid of my flip phone and move in to modern technology. Well after spending 2 hours trying to get a hold of customer service at Koodo which now offer tec support through text message with needed wifi that my flip phone does not have, I had to request a phone call back with my computer. I was then told I will get a phone call back as early as 3 hours from now? wow.... I can't believe this is the world we live in and I know coming from a simple guy with a flip phone that might not say much but how ridiculous it is that you can't just call customer service and speak with someone. I don't like the fact the you need to wait 3 hours before getting a call back and feel like I'm making arrangements for getting my appliances worked on. How on earth can a huge company like Telus or Koodo do this and please don't tell me its to help better serve me?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo is moving toward a self-service brand name. That decision of using a digital assistant has been existed for months already. Telus, however, keeps a direct number.

As you mentioned, you could book a callback (albeit it wasn't an instant one), it might be better than waiting for hours on phone.
I am aware a lot of companies are doing self service but Koodo is the only company I know of where you can't speak with a customer service agent.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They have callbacks instead of waiting on hold. You trade one in for the other and for the most part customers have seemed to like it.
As for the texting portion, they text you a link to https://koodo.com/chat which can be accessed with any phone for free. Koodo doesn't charge you for data for accessing the site, and most flip phones that I know have have some sort of internet application, albeit it may not be the greatest.

I will be upfront with you though, if you are looking for the "premium" customer service, that is what you pay extra for for going to a carrier like Telus.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I am aware a lot of companies are doing self service but Koodo is the only company I know of where you can't speak with a customer service agent.

@Phillip Dunn You might need to update. Many things have changed https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/03/23/fido-account-handling-fee-self-serve/
My big question when your telling me that most people like or even prefer this 3 hour call back time is a joke. I have spoke with friends and family today after my experience and all of them told me to switch and that was a joke. I don't mean to question you or be rude with ridicule but if the call back was 10 minutes no problem but when the earliest call back is 3 hours come on?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
My big question when your telling me that most people like or even prefer this 3 hour call back time is a joke. I have spoke with friends and family today after my experience and all of them told me to switch and that was a joke. I don't mean to question you or be rude with ridicule but if the call back was 10 minutes no problem but when the earliest call back is 3 hours come on?

It depends on the slot of the customer agent. They don't work 24/7. If you setup a call back at the end of the day, that delay would happen.

And seriously, you could switch to whoever you would like, if their service is better.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You seem to be working under the assumption that the choice is between waiting three hours for a callback or spending ten minutes on hold. I can assure you that if the callback time is three hours, you'd be spending at least ninety minutes waiting on hold, listening to bad music with the phone to your ear.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The few times that I've needed to make callbacks they were all within 30min of when i went on to schedule it. If you ever need immediate service, you can go to a koodo store given that you have one nearby and they can either help you, or contact their support team to help you as well.
"And seriously, you could switch to whoever you would like, if their service is better." Wow Dinh that is how you respond to a customer that is asking questions and voicing some concerns. I really do question your effort and wonder if you should be in customer service but don't want to take this conversation further then what already is. I hope you find the same customer service when you go and purchase a car and realize you already purchased the car and there is no turning back and the customer service agent responds with "And seriously, you could switch to whoever you would like, if their service is better."
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
"And seriously, you could switch to whoever you would like, if their service is better." Wow Dinh that is how you respond to a customer that is asking questions and voicing some concerns. I really do question your effort and wonder if you should be in customer service but don't want to take this conversation further then what already is. I hope you find the same customer service when you go and purchase a car and realize you already purchased the car and there is no turning back and the customer service agent responds with "And seriously, you could switch to whoever you would like, if their service is better."

That was the answer to your "I have spoke with friends and family today after my experience and all of them told me to switch and that was a joke."

Don't quote people out of the context, if you know how to quote 🙂 Unless you didn't speak to friends and families at all.

This is the customer forum. I am a customer like you are, I don't sell you a "car" or any service, FYI