Koodo Community

Community

Solved

no service

My iPhone 4 has no service. Restart doesn't work. Can the customer service help me? Do I have to pay for it if I ask them this question?

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Remove your sim card, Then hold the power button and the home button at the same time for 30 seconds until you see the apple logo, let it boot back up. put the SIM back in, and then turn it back off. and then back on. Sounds tedious, and it is, but it just may work for you.
Thanks! I already make it work by removing the SIM card, using another one, and then putting it back. Next time try your method. Really hope no next time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Miaomiao wrote:

Thanks! I already make it work by removing the SIM card, using another one, and then putting it b...

No Problem! Glad you got it working!
Miaomiao wrote:

Thanks! I already make it work by removing the SIM card, using another one, and then putting it b...

no service again. I tried your method, but doesn't work. What is the problem with Koodo????
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Miaomiao wrote:

Your going to have to visit a Koodo booth to get a new SIM, or your phones network ability is screwed up. It may be time to upgrade. But try getting a new SIM first.
Miaomiao wrote:

thanks, I will go to Koodo booth first. I think my phone is still ok, because there is no problem when I use virgin SIM card...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Miaomiao wrote:

Yeah definitely if another card works, its most likely the Koodo card. UNLESS your in an area with no koodo overage or sketchy koodo coverage. But if your getting Virgin, your prolly getting Koodo!
Miaomiao wrote:

at the beginning it worked, but didn't work later on. 
Userlevel 6
Miaomiao wrote:

correct if I'm wrong, but if you unlock and iPhone, it re-locks to the next SIM you put in it (as opposed to most Android devices that stay unlocked). So I'm wondering if once you put in the Virgin SIM it locked to Virgin, and that's maybe why you Koodo SIM isn't working.
Userlevel 6
Miaomiao wrote:

correct if I'm wrong, but if you unlock and iPhone, it re-locks to the next SIM you put in it (as opposed to most Android devices that stay unlocked). So I'm wondering if once you put in the Virgin SIM it locked to Virgin, and that's maybe why you Koodo SIM isn't working.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Miaomiao wrote:

Never heard of that happening. Once its unlocked by apple, its unlocked forever.
i am also facing this shit ,, updating ios wont help..sure ,,ios 7 is best for iphone 4 or 4s..if u update ios it will be littile bit slower ,,nothing we can do to fix no service problem,,i dont know about service centre of apple .. i had done lot of ways to fix this,,,nothing worked,,, now i am not able to use this phone 
dibin savio jude wrote:

i am also facing this shit ,, updating ios wont help..sure ,,ios 7 is best for iphone 4 or 4s..if...

I haven't tried to contact Koodo yet. Have you contacted with them? I can't use this phone either...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
dibin savio jude wrote:

i am also facing this shit ,, updating ios wont help..sure ,,ios 7 is best for iphone 4 or 4s..if...

I had a 4s iphone, updated to IOS9, and it bricked my phone, theres nothing apple could do. Also my provider at the time either because i was PrePaid way after my warranty. Sometimes bad things happen to old phones. Not saying not to look into it. But just think that maybe it could be your device and not necessarily a carriers fault. Apple is iffy, My brother had almost the same thing happen. he as 4 years past his warranty and they replaced it for free no cost. So sometimes doing a little complaining to the manufacturer, can help.
dibin savio jude wrote:

dear chadwick - so u mean updating iphone 4s to ios 9 may help??
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
dibin savio jude wrote:

Nope, not saying that. As it bricked my phone, I will never recommend any updates on the 4s anymore after what happened. Unless your under warranty.
dibin savio jude wrote:

dude ,,wait ,, i am downloading ios 8.2 beta 2 for iphone 4s ,, i will check that thing,,and will let u know .. ok ,, if u dont mind pls giv me your facebook id  
It works on my iPhone 6. Probably, iphone4 really needs to be upgraded. But Koodo signal is really weak...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Miaomiao wrote:

It works on my iPhone 6. Probably, iphone4 really needs to be upgraded. But Koodo signal is reall...

what do u mean its weak? for the upgrade?
Miaomiao wrote:

It works on my iPhone 6. Probably, iphone4 really needs to be upgraded. But Koodo signal is reall...

I mean the signal indicator bar only shows limited signal if I use Koodo SIM card. Virgin SIM card is better.