Koodo Community

Community

Solved

No service

No service in Fort McMurray for the last 6 hours nothing works

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Have you checked the network settings on your phone? 3G should be on to have service. (Or, depending on your phone, HSPA or WCDMA selected in the network mode or 2G only should be off. It varies.) Are other Koodo or Telus customers effected?
Yeah I have an iPhone 5 I've checked re-checked I'm only able to get wifi it will say koodo for a second day it's searching then goes back to no service
Userlevel 6
Stephanie Machmer wrote:

Yeah I have an iPhone 5 I've checked re-checked I'm only able to get wifi it will say koodo for a...

The iPhone 5 doesn't have an option to disable 3G connection, so that's not it. Try turning airplane mode on then off after ten seconds. If that doesn't work try resetting your network settings. (Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. NOTE: This will delete your wifi settings, so you'll have to set it back up.)
Userlevel 1
If you bought the phone from an individual (not directly from Apple/Koodo/TELUS etc): http://www.protectyourdata.ca/check-the-status-of-your-device-in-canada/ OR your service may be suspended, check self serve.