Koodo Community
Question

No Network for iphone 4

Hey i have had problems getting my network to work. It was working this morning and now stopped an hour ago..... I got the iphone 4 yesterday.

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there Andrew... Is this Prepaid or Postpaid? Have you tried to do a power cycle? Is this everywhere you go? Is this indoors or outdoors? Let us know...
Hey Camilo. this phone is on a plan at the present moment. Sry i dont no wat the power cycle is... (not good with electronics)... i have had the phone since Saturday night, but the network had recently just stopped working as of about 4 hours ago.... this is everywhere i have been..... it worked when i was at home but since i have been on my way bacjk to school it hasnt.....
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hey Camilo. this phone is on a plan at the present moment. Sry i dont no wat the power cycle is.....Hi Andrew... A power cycle is just to turn off your device, remove the battery (not on your case since iPhone is incorporated on the phone), remove the sim card, and then after a few seconds, put everything back on and turn it on again... This will refresh your device on the network...
i just had network, then it slowly decreases till there is no service... then it shows no service....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Wow that's strange Andrew! Since you just got your iPhone, I suggest you go back to the store and claim your warranty... sound like something is wrong with it! If it is, the kiosk will exchange it no questions asked 🙂
well i was talking with a bud of mine who is a compuiter wiz n he said it might have to do with Easter weekend n ppl not working due to time off soo it might bee a problem from that... but will continue to look into it
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
well i was talking with a bud of mine who is a compuiter wiz n he said it might have to do with E...I know some people on Prepaid had some troubles today... who knows maybe it affected you too. Yes keep an eye on it because if there is something wrong with the phone, you definitely want it looked at 🙂
Had the same problem Andrew, so you are not alone! The phone worked the first day, then the whole signal cycling happened then the next day no service whatsoever. From my call to the tech guys and suggestions from the community they said it may be a micro-sim problem. Waiting to get back down to the city to have it checked out later this week, in the meantime have reverted to using my old phone.
Userlevel 6
Hi Andrew, Joanna is right! It might indeed be an issue coming from the Micro-SIM card. I suggest that you go back to the Koodo store and let a rep have a look at it. If the card needs to be exchanged, he will give you a new one. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Hey thanx for all the replies but i have now been able to get my phone to work.... maybe it had something to do with the long weekend here, thanx for all the feedback!!