Koodo Community
Solved

No more jail breaking iOS ;-)

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

75 replies

I love my Sony Ericsson arc x12. Android is so much better. You can't pull the battery and a set amount of memory/space on the Iphones. Itunes=junk. The only good thing is the Iphone keyboard which I have emulated on my phone lol
I love my Sony Ericsson arc x12. Android is so much better. You can't pull the battery and a set ...You can't pull the battery on some androids as well. But you're right with Itunes. I accidentally installed it once (think came bundled with QuickTime), I never uninstalled something so quick
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I love my Sony Ericsson arc x12. Android is so much better. You can't pull the battery and a set ...Thats another thing, you can make your Android look exactly like your iPhone if its the layout you like or the keyboard. If your looking for a great keyboard check out Swiftkey 3, its definitely the best keyboard extremely well over time & you can set where you want it to kearn from and themes to color match to whatever youve made your phone look like. There are a bunch of other great settijgs to for your typing style. Give it a try for a couple weeks and be amazed 😉 -
I love my Sony Ericsson arc x12. Android is so much better. You can't pull the battery and a set ...I tried the latest swift key beta a few weeks ago. It was alright, but it would have some interesting auto corrections. Mind you it was a beta, so I guess a guy can't expect perfection. I tried out the keyboard from android 4.2 as well. I liked the Swype functionality they use, but I think I'd enjoy it more on a tablet. Currently my daily driver is the Swype 1.3 beta. For a beta it's damn near perfect. Sometimes the Swype will shoot right off screen for some reason, but that only happens once every 3 days tops. I'm a big fan of Swype texting on touch screen phones. That and for texting I've been using Google now quite a bit. Very snappy and good voice recognition.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I love my Sony Ericsson arc x12. Android is so much better. You can't pull the battery and a set ...Ya you gotta give SwiftKey a few weeks & set it up to learn from Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, sms for predictions to become accurate. I like that you can set the size of the keys in portrait & landscape mode so you can make the keys very large compared to alot of keyboards. If you like swype then you might not like it, I personally don't like swype & can't seem to get the hang of it.
I love my Sony Ericsson arc x12. Android is so much better. You can't pull the battery and a set ...Yeah, Swype typing is very polarizing. My gf hates it too. Took me a few days to get used to it, but now that I am used to it I can type a lot faster, and with just one hand at that 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I love my Sony Ericsson arc x12. Android is so much better. You can't pull the battery and a set ...Hey Aaron check out this new swype style SwiftKey that just came out http://myandroidchief.com/new-swiftkey-flow-beta-available/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I love my Sony Ericsson arc x12. Android is so much better. You can't pull the battery and a set ...Tried swype for 3 days, back to swiftkey
I love my Sony Ericsson arc x12. Android is so much better. You can't pull the battery and a set ...That's actually the beta verson of Swiftkey I tried 😉 Like I said, it's got promise, and like you said, maybe if I had given it a week or so it may of gotten better. But, like I also said, it had some really creative auto corrects vs the swype beta. I did used to use Swiftkey on my old htc legend, very snappy, good auto corrects on it too. I could pretty much button mash and get what I wanted. But, I've become addicted to the swype...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I love my Sony Ericsson arc x12. Android is so much better. You can't pull the battery and a set ...Oh didn't know you meant you tried the swype style SwiftKey, I thought you meant the regular SwiftKey. My bad.
I love my Sony Ericsson arc x12. Android is so much better. You can't pull the battery and a set ...Actually kid, this looks to be a newer beta then the one I tried. Going to try it later. Love me a beta.
Userlevel 5
THIS IS AWESOME !!!!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
THIS IS AWESOME !!!!!!The discussion?
Userlevel 5
THIS IS AWESOME !!!!!!no the fact that iphone cant be jail broken anymore 😛
THIS IS AWESOME !!!!!!Why in the hell would that be awesome?
Userlevel 2
THIS IS AWESOME !!!!!!The title of this thread is extremely misleading and is nothing more then an immature 'cheap shot' at iOS. Just look at the accompanying article. It has nothing to do with all of a sudden not being to 'jailbreak' iOS devices anymore. Apple simply won a court case to shutdown Hackulous, which is an application that provides access to pirated applications, as well as some legitimate ones. Any application that's available on Hackulous is also easily available through warez sites online if you're looking for them. You can still Jailbreak your device and install the same pirated applications if you choose, it just won't be through Hackulous anymore. Android has a similar application called Black Market Alpha, which will eventually be shutdown as well, that's just the reality of the pirated application market. This article has been grossly misinterpreted and absolutely does not mean that iOS can't be jailbroken anymore (an untethered iOS 6 jailbreak is apparently already completed and will go public in the next few days). It's about limiting access to pirated applications through one medium. Hundreds of other mediums exist, that accomplish the exact same thing, you just need to look for them. additionally, their are legitimate reasons to jailbreak an iOS device, it's not just about pirating applications.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
THIS IS AWESOME !!!!!!There you did it again calling me immature when I explained my point of why I posted it. Why do you keep starting shit with me?
Userlevel 2
THIS IS AWESOME !!!!!!...and I explained why the thread title is misleading and also why nothing has changed in the iOS world, except a known piracy host has been shut down (android has them as well, as I'm sure you know). I stand by what I said. If you stand by what you've said then that's cool as well, others can decide how they feel about this situation and make up their own minds. I'm just sharing my opinion, that's what this site is for. Feel free to post whatever information or opinion you want, but this is a public forum, if I think the information is misleading and not credible, I'm entitled to comment. This isn't about "you", it's about the information you've provided.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
THIS IS AWESOME !!!!!!It's not an opinion calling me immature and that's not wanted by me or the forum moderators. I am sure you are right and you can get the stuff everywhere if you dig for it. I didn't take any stabs at you and never have to and there again was no need to do so to me to make your point but you do it anyways over and over again. You talk about fan boys but your the pot calling the kettle black basically because you get more offered when anything is said about iOS than anybody on here. Say what you believe but you don't have to call ppl names, calm down its only an OS.
Userlevel 2
THIS IS AWESOME !!!!!!I said this thread "is nothing more then an immature 'cheap shot' at iOS" (which I stand behind). I didn't call you immature, I called this thread immature. I'm not sure how you can argue against that when the title is "No more jail breaking iOS" and you then provide an accompanying article that does nothing to substantiate that claim. Again, you're taking this WAY too personally. This isn't about you, I'm not taking 'stabs' at you, I'm commenting on a thread that I don't agree with what's been posted, and I think its unsubstantiated and misleading for a number of different reasons, which I've clearly explained above. Is this how it's going to be every time we have a difference of opinion? If you think I'm wrong about anything I've said, then counter my points with something relevant and let's have a mature discussion. I don't even use an iOS device and I haven't since 2007, I'm not on team android or team apple (not that that's even important), I'm mearly sharing my opinion, on a thread that you started, that's contrary to yours. It seems like every time I have an opinion on something that isn't shared by you, you take what I say extremely personally and out of context, and turn things into a Kid Android pity party.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
THIS IS AWESOME !!!!!!When I wrote the post and your saying it's an immature post then your calling the person who wrote it (in this case me) immature. The article states exactly what I said though, how doesn't it? Why do you even care about this post if you don't have an iPhone? What should I put for a headline then?
Userlevel 6
THIS IS AWESOME !!!!!!Please stay on topic. If you agree with the OP, fine. If you disagree, fine. We all have our opinions but there's no need for personal attacks. Lets keep the Community a friendly place. I'm not trying to single anyone out, it applies to everyone. Thanks.
Userlevel 2
THIS IS AWESOME !!!!!!The article is about Apple winning a court case against a piracy depot. It has nothing to do with not being able to jailbreak iOS all of a sudden (which is what the current thread title suggests). I think a suitable title would be something along the lines of the title for the actual article that's linked, "Apple wins this round: iOS piracy haven Hackulous shuts down". I mean, that does seem like a logical summary based on its content...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This is where I got no more jailbreaking from which states basically that these claims of it coming for IOS 6 are irrelevant