Koodo Community
Question

No more jail breaking iOS ;-)

• 31 December 2012
  • 75 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/12/31/apple-wins-this-round-ios-piracy-haven-hackulous-shuts-down/ Just had to bring this to the attention of ppl who say they can do everything on IOS that they can with an Android. Well Not anymore guys sorry to burst your bubble but it's time to switch 😉 Also ppl thinking of buying an iPhone that they are planning on jailbreaking - KID ANDROID. ( Team.Android.Canada)

This topic has been closed for comments

75 replies

i had to jailbreak my old iphone 3G simply because of all the BS around carrier locking, it's a barbaric practice that has to stop. some of the system wide apps like the alternate flip down dashboard, and the ability to change the system internet browser and mail app where also very useful, until apple gives power users the ability to change these things people will continue to use their old jail broken devices and keep trying to hack new iOS releases. i've tried android 10 or 15 times now for a couple of hours and every time i just come away glad to be back on my iphone 4, less crashes, better responce to smaller UI aspects, center app availability (a bit hypocritical i know), standard power adapter and wide range of accessories
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
i had to jailbreak my old iphone 3G simply because of all the BS around carrier locking, it's a b...Apple did you another dirty then by changing the power adaoter onbthe iPhone 5 Micro usb is quickly becoming a standard as more and more users want painless transitions to new devices
i had to jailbreak my old iphone 3G simply because of all the BS around carrier locking, it's a b...well... there's is double sided (like debit cards should be!!!!), where micro is just... small, some micro cables have to much rubber around the the tip and because the receiving port on the device is so small it's sometimes tucked next to an edge that makes it impossible to use with some of these cables
Userlevel 3
i had to jailbreak my old iphone 3G simply because of all the BS around carrier locking, it's a b...A charger is not "standard" when is it used for only one manufacturer. That is called proprietary. I sold my iPad2 last week and bought a Nexus7, it uses a standard charger, micro USB. Apple drones need to wake up and leave the iMatrix
Userlevel 1
Maybe another reason to get an Android or BB.
Userlevel 7
I have an iPhone and I love it the way it is and wouldn't think of jailbreaking it. But, it doesn't say this is permanent... iOS6 is the main problem. There's a hack for everything, just gotta find it 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I have an iPhone and I love it the way it is and wouldn't think of jailbreaking it. But, it doesn...Is there more than just this site to get stuff for your jaibroken iPhone?
Userlevel 7
I have an iPhone and I love it the way it is and wouldn't think of jailbreaking it. But, it doesn..."I have an iPhone and I love it the way it is and wouldn't think of jailbreaking it." Clearly I can't answer that. I have no idea and I don't really care. I'll buy my apps if I need to. You're just making it seem like Apple permanently stopped jailbreaking (which they haven't). It's temporary.
I have an iPhone and I love it the way it is and wouldn't think of jailbreaking it. But, it doesn...Well, in kids defence pretty sure apple would love to permanently prevent jail breaking 😉 But your right, nothing tends to be permanent in software world. I still remember the MPAA saying that nobody would ever be able to break copyright protection on dvds...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You'll also be losing the notification shade/area soon because it was stolen from Android/Samsung & Apple is getting sued over it finally. As soon as they lose the case it will have to be removed from all Apple devices.
Userlevel 5
You'll also be losing the notification shade/area soon because it was stolen from Android/Samsung...Man, do you really hate Apple that much?
You'll also be losing the notification shade/area soon because it was stolen from Android/Samsung...isn't that the point of open source software? samsung & apple need to grow up
You'll also be losing the notification shade/area soon because it was stolen from Android/Samsung...It is, but since apple doesn't make their code open, they're violating the open source agreement. Or so my random educated guess tells me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You'll also be losing the notification shade/area soon because it was stolen from Android/Samsung...I was just pointing out to those who keep saying anything you can do on Android we can do on iOS. I hate how apple does business & the fact that they stole everything from other companies then patented it & are suing ppl over these stolen ideas that Apple has ppl believing are their creations. I don't hate the ppl that use iOS its their choice & if they like that's cool whatever makes you happy, but I do hate Apple & the way they do business & it apple should have never been awarded that case in the US, so I just think it's good that Samsung might be able to get some of that back.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You'll also be losing the notification shade/area soon because it was stolen from Android/Samsung...http://www.ifans.com/blog/66923/ This article is supporting Aaron's statement!
I think a very small percentage of iPhone users purchase their phones with intentions to jailbreak anyway, it's not really their demographic. I mean check out the traffic for the iphone on xda: http://forum.iphone-developers.com/ There's legacy android devices that have more activity.
Userlevel 1
I think a very small percentage of iPhone users purchase their phones with intentions to jailbrea...Objectively, you are absolutely right. Most people don't jailbreak their iphones. Apple, by making this decision, have drawn advanced users even more away from their devices.
Badge +4
According to one source: [i][b]"iOS 6 has been jailbroken for months, but plans for a public release have not been announced… yet. Stay tuned".
According to one source: [i][b]"iOS 6 has been jailbroken for months, but plans for a public ...I don't doubt it. Since last night i did some browsing on the issue. Seems that the vast majority looking for jailbreak want it so they can pirate apps. So I can see why devs might sit on this hack. Funny though, you'd think people that are too cheap to buy apps might of thought to get a different phone....
Userlevel 1
According to one source: [i][b]"iOS 6 has been jailbroken for months, but plans for a public ...Listen, you got it all wrong. We don't root or jailbreak our devices to pirate apps... we root/jailbreak them mainly because of the following : 1. To install custom roms with custom keyboards, os, interfaces and bypass the mandatory use of itunes to transfer files to the device. 2. To unlock devices for free since locking a devices should have never been locked to a certain provider on the first place. Locking devices is one of the biggest rackets telecom companies have pushed down our throat for too many years. 3. To uninstall those annoying MANDATORY programs that the telecoms force us to have on our devices (bell is notorious for this... they pre-install like 10 programs taking half the memory on your device and there is no way to uninstall them unless you root/jailbreak).
According to one source: [i][b]"iOS 6 has been jailbroken for months, but plans for a public ...Hey, I didn't say all users did it for the piracy. I'm saying the average iPhone user. There's nothing stock about my sii x. Custom rom, custom kernel, custom boot image. It's a completely different phone from the one I bought from koodo. There's not one pirated app on it either. Rooting for pirate apps on android is non existent, due to the fact any android phone just has to enable installs outside the play store and they're good to go. Edit: I lied. I'm still using the telus stock radio
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
According to one source: [i][b]"iOS 6 has been jailbroken for months, but plans for a public ...Aaron I'd like to pm you. Can u find me on fb perhaps? /chad.burr tks
Userlevel 1
According to one source: [i][b]"iOS 6 has been jailbroken for months, but plans for a public ...I still think that your statistic of "average iphone user" is unfounded...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
According to one source: [i][b]"iOS 6 has been jailbroken for months, but plans for a public ...Most of the ppl I know jailbreak their iPhone to get free paid apps. That's my personal experience though which is obviously a small piece of the pie. I agree that this is pushing advanced users towards an OS that can do this all without any trouble.
According to one source: [i][b]"iOS 6 has been jailbroken for months, but plans for a public ...That's fair. I'm just going from what I glazed over on the xda forums for the iphone. That and personal requests to jailbreak friends iPhones. 50% want it so they can port to another service, the other to play free games.