Koodo Community
Solved

No lte on iphone 5 ?

i got an iphone 5 and when go to settings>general>cellular there is no lte button to switch on. Right now there is just a 3g on the left corner. What should i do?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The option for LTE only shows up when LTE is in range. You also have to have an LTE SIM Card
Userlevel 5
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

The option for LTE only shows up when LTE is in range. You also have to have an LTE SIM Card

I guess iDevices are not KID ANDROID's thing. Lol. Good try though! Your information on Android devices though always amazes me 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Ya I'm going to stop answering questions about iOS because I just answer them if nobody else seems to answer it & I go look around the net for answers. Until I get use of an iPhone then I'll stay clear. Sorry for the incorrect info, it must have been before the OS got updated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That's not correct. Hans is saying that he has no LTE toggle button, which is present in the menu regardless of whether you're in an LTE area or not (see attached picture). I had the same issue. There are two options. First option: 1. Go to SETTINGS > GENERAL > ABOUT. 2. After a second or so, a badge should pop up to let you know that there's a carrier update. After the update, the LTE toggle should replace the 3G toggle. If not, go to the second option. Second option: 1. Back up your phone to either iCloud (SETTINGS > ICLOUD > STORAGE & BACKUP > BACK UP NOW) or iTunes (in the SUMMARY tab). If you don't make a backup, you'll lose your private data (pictures, messages, etc.) as well as installed apps. You won't need to purchase the same apps again, but you'll need to manually download them again. 2. Go to SETTINGS > GENERAL > RESET > ERASE ALL CONTENT AND SETTINGS. Make sure you have enough battery power. Keeping the phone plugged in helps. 3. Restore your phone from the backup created in step 1. 4. Check if the LTE toggle is there in the SETTINGS > GENERAL > CELLULAR menu. If not, repeat steps 1 and 2 of the FIRST OPTION. Everything should be fine now. I also recommend checking if you can turn on your PERSONAL HOTSPOT. If you get a message to contact Koodo to activate, you may have a faulty device. A trip to your nearest Apple store should yield in a brand new phone (I had the hotspot issue and that's how they resolved it). All that being said. My LTE toggle is left in the off position. I can barely squeeze 8 hours of battery life out of my iPhone 5 with it on. Keeping it off ensures that my phone doesn't die before I go to bed.

Userlevel 6
Ivan wrote:

That's not correct. Hans is saying that he has no LTE toggle button, which is present in the menu...

Thank you for your very detailed and thorough reply! Have a good day 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

That's not correct. Hans is saying that he has no LTE toggle button, which is present in the menu...

Anytime 🙂