Koodo Community

Community

Solved

no covarage back home,why?

my iphone 4S doen't get any bars. I went out of Canada for a couple of days and have roaming added to my plan. when I got back I get wifi but no bars for calling and texting. I don't know what else todo. I restarted my phone. I did a soft reset. I went onto itunes and tried restarting it there and backing it up. still nothing works to get my phone working properly.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Layla,

Are you getting any signal at all from Koodo or are you seeing no bars at all? 

Here are some troubleshooting steps taken directly from Apple's website:
  1. Check your coverage area to make sure that you're in an area with cellular network coverage.[list]
  2. If you can't connect to a cellular network on your iPhone, make sure that cellular data is on in Settings > Cellular. On your iPad, go to Settings > Cellular Data.
  3. If you're traveling internationally, make sure that your device is set up for data roaming. Go to Settings > Cellular > Data Roaming. [img]https://support.apple.com/library/content/dam/edam/applecare/images/en_US/iOS/iphone6-ios9-settings-cellular-cellulardata-dataroaming.jpg[/img]
  • Restart your iPhone or iPad.
  • Check for a Carrier Settings Update by going to Settings > Carrier Settings.
  • Take out the SIM card and then put it back in. If the SIM card is damaged, or doesn't fit in the SIM tray, contact your carrier.
  • If you have another device, see if you can connect your carrier's network with it in that location.
  • Contact your carrier to:
    • Verify that your account is active and in good standing.
    • Make sure there are no outages in your area.
    • Check that your device is not blocked from receiving cellular services and set up with the right data plan.
  • Update your iPhone or iPad to the latest version of iOS.[/list] Let us know if these steps don't work for you
  • Userlevel 7
    Badge +4
    Also try
    Settings>Cellular>Cellular Data network>Reset Settings

Of if that is not available
    Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings
    Userlevel 5
    Hey Layla,

Have you tried the suggestions above? Do you still need help?

Keep us posted!