Koodo Community

Community

New To Koodo - Customer Service Charges?

Hey Everyone,

I am new to the Koodo Community, and I have heard a concerning rumour that I am hoping I can get verified here! I was told by multiple third party phone dealers (ex. Wireless Wave Rep, Best Buy Mobile Rep) that supposedly Koodo charges it's customers $10 for asking a question via phone with a Customer Rep if the answer is already somewhere in Koodo's Terms & Conditions or could be found online?

Is this true? If someone could verify this information, that would be appreciated. 

I did see mentioned online, that if you ask a Customer Service Rep via phone to make changes for you that you could have done via Self-Serve that you will be charged. Which I can somewhat understand.

However, being charged to simply ask a question seems a little bit ridiculous. Even if it is "somewhere" on the website or in their terms. This makes me scared to call into Customer Service to ask anything!! 

Also if anyone would like to make me aware of any other charges that may surprise me, feel free!

9 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi, Yes you will only be charged when you request changes to be made to your account while you could do that by self serve, asking one or many questions won’t cost anything. Even when you make some changes to your account which you couldn’t do from self serve, they won’t charge you $10. Enjoy.
Koodoian wrote:

Hi, Yes you will only be charged when you request changes to be made to your account while you c...

Thank You 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
hi Kharisma,
They only charge you for something you can do yourself in your selfserve.
You are free to ask them everything else..
Dinh wrote:

hi Kharisma,
They only charge you for something you can do yourself in your selfserve.
You are f...

Thank You 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Indeed there are fees for changes made to your account by asking our reps to do it for you. However, just about all of these changes are free to be made online or via texting and you won't have to wait on the phone. 

If your ever have any question about anything you want to do online come back here! As you can see this is a very active forum with tons of people to help. Welcome aboard Kharisma! :-)  

Bernard wrote:

Indeed there are fees for changes made to your account by asking our reps to do it for you. Howev...

Thanks ! 🙂
Userlevel 5
Although this forum can look daunting to a new Koodo customer, it actually works really well. This is definitely the right place to ask questions about promos, phone problems, anything ambiguous or unexplained on Koodo's website, etc.  Also, to find out where/how to use self serve options on the website for managing your account (adding features, etc).  My experience is that you aren't charged if you have a question about your bill.  My practice is to float my question/concern here first and then call in if  I need more help than volunteers can provide. I have never been charged for a call. 
Elinor wrote:

Although this forum can look daunting to a new Koodo customer, it actually works really well. Thi...

Thanks alot ! 🙂
Hi Everyone,

Thanks a lot for your responses! All very informative and helpful, I'll definitely be coming here for answers first!

Hope everyone had a happy holiday! 🙂