Koodo Community
Question

New Shock Free Data

I am on the new shock free data plan, but I still went over on my data, and I did not receive any alerts.   Any suggestions?  I thought it was supposed to shut off automatically.

42 replies

Depending what phone you are on.you may be able to set own limits or notifications.-SETTINGS-CONNECTIONS(network connections)-DATA USAGE,set limit.That's on an Android...other than that you can set notifications to receive text messages at 25% 50% 90% of usage....I believe that is in koodo app or online
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Depending what phone you are on.you may be able to set own limits or notifications.-SETTINGS-CONN...Yes u can. But the system is supposed to ask her to go over data or not. This shouldnt be necessary
Depending what phone you are on.you may be able to set own limits or notifications.-SETTINGS-CONN...I put my son on Shock data and was told that once he reached his full data amount his data would stop!! So this is the first month and he went over because it just kept going. He does receive alerts but I was told that he COULD NOT go over!!! Any suggestions
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm not sure why it didn't tell you. If you went over I would contact koodo and see why its not giving you the notification. It could be a system issue. Sorry this happened
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@ Lisa you have multiple lines with us....are you inquiring about the line ending with xxx-xxx-xx25?
nope the one ending in 31.

I just checked, and it went over the data cap last night.

Actually, it is an iphone, my bad.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What I see is that the 100% notification and block is turned off on your profile. You received the 90% notification yesterday Lisa. Have you by any chance at some point changed the at what intervals you want to be notified?
What I see is that the 100% notification and block is turned off on your profile. You received th...How do I turn on the block at 100% and what is the cost? Turned off data when I got the 100% text and still got overage charges
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What I see is that the 100% notification and block is turned off on your profile. You received th...There is no cost to turn it on whatsoever Meg. Please log into your account click on 'usage' and then under the usage meters you will see 'change data alerts'. You can turn back on the 100% there. Pls do this for both of your lines. 
What I see is that the 100% notification and block is turned off on your profile. You received th...The alerts have always been turned on and still are. I don't see anywhere under usage to block data at 100%. The text warning came at 100% and I turned the data off. Still went over, there must be a lag between hitting 100% and the warning.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What I see is that the 100% notification and block is turned off on your profile. You received th...Looking at your last invoice there is no data over charge on it. Could you do me a favour and take a screenshot of what you see under usage please?
What I see is that the 100% notification and block is turned off on your profile. You received th...Took this off as it showed your number. - Bernard
What I see is that the 100% notification and block is turned off on your profile. You received th...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What I see is that the 100% notification and block is turned off on your profile. You received th...Ok, this is on your app. The change section can only be done online for now. Can you pls see if they are there when you log in? 
What I see is that the 100% notification and block is turned off on your profile. You received th...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What I see is that the 100% notification and block is turned off on your profile. You received th...What about if you click on the 'change usage alert' section? Do you see the 100%?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What I see is that the 100% notification and block is turned off on your profile. You received th...Ok, did you update this? It shows the 100% now.
What I see is that the 100% notification and block is turned off on your profile. You received th...I have always had it set for 100%. Getting the texts turning data off on phone but still going over.

What I see is that the 100% notification and block is turned off on your profile. You received th...How can I block data at 100% ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What I see is that the 100% notification and block is turned off on your profile. You received th...Ok, I reset both lines. Will also credit the $5 back Meg. Should be working now. Let me know if that's not the case.
What I see is that the 100% notification and block is turned off on your profile. You received th...Thank you
Hi again.  No, I have not made changes.  How do I turn the block on?   I only see the option for notification at 50% and 90%.  Thanks.