Koodo Community

Community

Question

New prepaid sim in unlocked iPhone SE.. Topped up with minutes.. Texting is not working and no incoming calls

Can call out but get recording when calling my new number from land line saying 'you have reached a number not equipped for incoming calls'... Also cannot send or receive texts

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How lng since set up? Sometimes it takes a few hours for all the calling services to recognize your new number. Have you restarted your phone?
David wrote:

How lng since set up? Sometimes it takes a few hours for all the calling services to recognize y...

Set up was about 5-6 hours ago... Yes I have restarted the phone and have also done a reset of the cellular.... Hoping that by tomorrow morning it will be working
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you port an existing number to Koodo or got a new number from Koodo? If you ported a number in that can take anywhere from a couple minutes to a couple days.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Did you port an existing number to Koodo or got a new number from Koodo? If you ported a number i...

No, I chose a new number from Koodo but did read that even that may take a few hours so..... I'm trying to be patient..