Koodo Community

Community

New phone, monthly plan, no service?

I went into the store and got myself a new iPhone6 and a $40 a month plan. The guy there said everything was set up, but when I got home it said 'No Service'. I tried every fix suggested on these boards. I turned airplane mode on and off, I turned off the phone, took the sim card out, put it back in. I then thought about giving it a few hours, but today it still isn't working. I am at a loss of what to do.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Asagurble, Did you port a number from another carrier to Koodo or get a new number from Koodo?
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Hi Asagurble, Did you port a number from another carrier to Koodo or get a new number from Koodo?

It was a new number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you in an area that is covered by service? Do others havibg working phones in your house that are on Koodo, Telus or bell virgin?

Yep, my friend lives down the street and has coverage and my city is covered on the koodo coverage map.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you try to manually select Koodo as a carrier?

I just did, still no changes
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok so no matter where you go you don't have signal? Swap your Sim with your friend or anyone else with Koodo / Telus / Public to see if the problem follows. If it does, you need a new sim or something is wrong in the back end. Let us know.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you have service at the store?

I would suggest going back to the store
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you have service at the store?

I would suggest going back to the store
Look for an email that says "We're sorry to see you go." If you received it, you have won the lottery of deailing with the fraud department.