Koodo Community
Solved

New Phone

Just recently, my boyfriend upgraded to an iphone 5. He still has his iphone 4s that he wants to give to me, but he is with bell. Can he reset his iphone and give it to me, so that I can use it with koodo? Could I just put my sim card in his phone... does that even work?

This topic has been closed for comments

21 replies

Make sure the phone is unlocked first. If the phone is still locked to the carrier (i.e. Bell) It wouldn't work because the phone is still "attatched" to that network. Assuming Koodo uses Bell and Telus' towers, they probably run on the same frequency band, which means it should work on Koodo. I hope it helps
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Make sure the phone is unlocked first. If the phone is still locked to the carrier (i.e. Bell) It...Exactly so just tell him to give Bell a call and see if he can pay them to unlock it. I know Koodo charges $50 so it's probably around the same at Bell.
Userlevel 6
Make sure the phone is unlocked first. If the phone is still locked to the carrier (i.e. Bell) It...Bell charges $75. Total ripoff. Just use these guys, they are really good: http://www.cellunlocker.net/apple-iphone-unlock-solution.php
Userlevel 5
Make sure the phone is unlocked first. If the phone is still locked to the carrier (i.e. Bell) It...Except they don't unlock Bell iPhones.
Userlevel 6
Make sure the phone is unlocked first. If the phone is still locked to the carrier (i.e. Bell) It...They unlock every other iPhone except Bell's? Why would they do that?
Userlevel 5
Make sure the phone is unlocked first. If the phone is still locked to the carrier (i.e. Bell) It...Not sure, went to check the pricing and Bell wasn't an option to choose.
just make sure you unlock it first;-)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
just make sure you unlock it first;-)No need to repeat answers that are already given matt, always read the answers given already to make sure your not mirroring answers.
check with Bill to unlock it if they provide this service
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
check with Bill to unlock it if they provide this serviceIssa what are you talking about "check the bill" exactly?
check with Bill to unlock it if they provide this serviceObviously it was a typo Kid... No need to point out errors like that when you should be able to get the jest of what his comment was saying even with the error...
Userlevel 1
check with Bill to unlock it if they provide this serviceI couldn't agree more.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
check with Bill to unlock it if they provide this serviceWhat is the typo and I was asking what he meant thanks. I still don't get what he was saying can you please explain since you know?
check with Bill to unlock it if they provide this serviceThe OP didn't say "check the bill" he said to check with Bill. He obviously meant that the OP should check with Bell to see if they can unlock the phone. You just need to slowly read the whole message to see what it is trying to say. If I understood what he was posting even with the error, I don't see why you got it confused with "the bill" when the word "the" wasn't even in the comment. You are a very smart person Kid, I know that from the amount of knowledge you have when it comes to phones. I just was pointing out that there really was no need to comment on the typo or error in his post. Or even getting it all confused in the first place.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
check with Bill to unlock it if they provide this serviceOhhh Ok man that was a dumb move on my part lol sorry. I guess since I already said that a long time before he posted and your not suppose to mirror answers I Looked right past the simple fact. My bad, Isn't my face red lol
check with Bill to unlock it if they provide this servicelol, don't worry guys, sorry it was my typo mistake from the beginning, sorry again, and enjoy some time to laugh, thanx Kid for reading the updates and comment on them, hahaha, really I liked the conversation
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
I am not sure how much does Bell charges to unlock your iPhone, you may always inquiry with them, once is unlocked, you may approach a koodo shop to get your services up and running with Koodo, Remember that for bringing your own device, you are eligible to get 10% off your monthly plan. Another option to unlock your device is gsmliberty.net, I don't know how much is the unlock, but if you record a video unlocking your phone and you upload it to youtube they can refund you 100% of the code, so it means free unlocking... EDIT: I do not know for iPhone, but at least for 1 Android and 1 BB that I unlocked, they refunded me 100% of the charges...
You first need to get it unlocked.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You first need to get it unlocked.Your joking right?
You first need to get it unlocked.thanks guys, got it all sorted out!
You first need to get it unlocked.lol