Koodo Community
Solved

New Koodo User with issue porting phone number

• 13 March 2020
  • 9 replies

Hello all, 

I recently switched from Bell to Koodo and I ported my number yesterday morning. In my self-serve account it says that the porting transfer has been successful.

However, I never received the text message from Koodo to say it has been complete and I cannot send text messages or receive them. I can make phone calls and receive those no problem but text messages and iMessage are being wonky. For iMessages it just keeps saying it’s trying to verify my phone number and uses my email to send iMessages. I have gone through a lot of troubleshooting for this and have ended up nowhere. 

Any ideas on this or is the porting just taking longer than expected? 

icon

Best answer by Timo Tuokkola 14 March 2020, 13:33

You can also try the following:

1.Call the number *#5005*7672# to access the Service Center Address settings. 

2. If the Service Center Address is not +16475800172, call **5005*7672*+16475800172# to reset your settings.
The message "Setting succeeded | Service Centre Address | No Address" will appear on screen.

3. Done! 

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are your calls working? 

Calls are working fine. Just haven’t been able to send a text at all and iMessage still says it’s “verifying” my phone number 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you restarted your phone?

Multiple times. Have taken the SIM card out, etc and completed a lot of troubleshooting from the Apple forums 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Turn off imessage and how is texting via SMS working?

I turned off iMessage and FaceTime to try and send a text message and it was never received by my brother who I sent it too. I’m not receiving or can’t sent text messages at all 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I turned off iMessage and FaceTime to try and send a text message and it was never received by my brother who I sent it too. I’m not receiving or can’t sent text messages at all 

Ok then it sounds like something went wrong with your port 

Call Koodo/Telus number porting team. These guys are not CSR's. They don't judge you. They only care about one thing, and that's moving numbers. I have two numbers to reach them. (844) 232-7678, (877) 868-3587.

Awesome thank you so much for the info! I’ll be sure to give them a shout tomorrow as it’s definitely weird that text messages are not working. My old phone with my old provider no longer works as well 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can also try the following:

1.Call the number *#5005*7672# to access the Service Center Address settings. 

2. If the Service Center Address is not +16475800172, call **5005*7672*+16475800172# to reset your settings.
The message "Setting succeeded | Service Centre Address | No Address" will appear on screen.

3. Done!