Koodo Community

Community

New Koodo SIM card : "SOS only" on unlocked iPhone 4

Hello everyone.

New Koodo SIM card : I get «SOS only» on the top left of my old iPhone 4. iOS is up to date (7.1.2), model A1332, the phone is unlocked for sure as I used it in Morocco in winter 2015. 

I already tried to restart the phone, to reboot it and to reset the network settings... No success.

My house is in a not so well covered area, but I drove to the village, where the reception is perfect because the Bell tower is litterally looming over us and the same message, SOS only, was displayed.

I also tried the SIM card in another phone, Samsung Gran Prime, same shit : Emergency calls only.

What to do? What to do? 

Thanks for your help

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Was your SIM active? What did it say in your account self-serve?
After I bought the SIM card, the saleswoman assured me that the card was active. But you're right, I can't see it when I go to self-service...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Étienne Lagueux-Barthe wrote:

After I bought the SIM card, the saleswoman assured me that the card was active. But you're right...

You would have to go back to that place to ask them to activate your SIM, I guess.

After I bought the SIM card, the saleswoman assured me that the card was active. But you're right...

I just gave them a call, they repeated that the card is active in their system (it's not Koodo directly, but another retailer). They also told me that Koodo is currently having a rough time keeping up with everyone unlocking their phone, since the law concerning that changed on December 1st in Quebec... So Koodo doesn't answer the phone... Do you think I should just wait until I can fix that directly with Koodo?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The card being activated is not the same as it working! You could have a Dud of a card, not working in your phone, but activated on the system.

Return to the store, and ask them to show you it working.