Koodo Community

Community

Solved

New Koodo customer/Iphone user

can anyone help me with my new prepaid Iphone 5 - activated account online, wanted to use my current cell number so did a transfer, account is showing that my koodo number is the old number, I can send text messages and make a call but calls and text messages are still going to old phone......I've gone through the trouble shooting stage and its still not connecting to the Iphone 5, can anyone advise on this

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Pull out the sim and turn off the phone for a few mins and then try again
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
SMS is usually the last to "toe the line", Dolly. If Dennis' recommendation does not work right away, I'd just wait a few hours and try again 🙂 Might take up to 24 hours in some cases but it'll get there 😃
Thanks for responding Dennis, trying that right now
nope, that did not work, still ringing on the old phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
spictogo wrote:

nope, that did not work, still ringing on the old phone

I would wait the 24 hours that Sophia suggested. If it still doesnt work at that point, then I would call Koodo *611 on your koodo cell (it's a free call) and see if they can find the issue with the port
Thanks Sophia and Dennis for your help, guess I will have to wait it out, just anxious to get it up and running
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
spictogo wrote:

Thanks Sophia and Dennis for your help, guess I will have to wait it out, just anxious to get it ...

Oh yes, I know the feeling 🙂 It's a bit like setting up a new website, it takes a while for the DNS to propagate throughout the entire Internet... the wait is not funny! Not sure how it works with phone number ports but I would imagine it might be a similar process 🙂 Worth a try: do the same with your old phone/sim card and see if that somehow speeds up the "releasing process"..... it's a long shot but might work!