Koodo Community

Community

Solved

New Koodo Customer - First Month Charges?

Hi,
Just switched to Koodo on Sept 18. Got my first bill today for dates between Sept 18 and 24 (a partial usage bill). My plan is for $65 (including my tab). But the bill was for around $80 as I was charged about $12 for the usage between Sept 18 and 24.
Is this normal? To pay above my plan for a week of usage? I thought the first bill was pro-rated. Any help or explanation would be great!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The first bill is the prorated part plus the first full month. Your next bill thereafter will be 65.
Goran wrote:

The first bill is the prorated part plus the first full month. Your next bill thereafter will be ...

I see. Thank you for the help.
 Isn't that really unfair though? I might as well have switched a week later or something..
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

The first bill is the prorated part plus the first full month. Your next bill thereafter will be ...

It's the same when you sign up for cable or internet.  

They bill for the next full month, plus the current pro-rated amount that you didnt prepay for when you signed up
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

It wouldn't make a difference, Shahan, the actual billing cycle is randomized and is always a few days/weeks later than the date you sign up. So you'd always pay a prorated amount, for some this is only a few days and for other it can add up to a few weeks... you only pay for the date you actually had the account so it's quite fair...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Well you're not paying extra. You'd be paying for service with your old company or with Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Follow this link and click "charges explained", and then click "charges on my first bill" It will make a lot more sense after you do.

http://help.koodomobile.com/my-bill/c...