Koodo Community

Community

Solved

New data plan is not working

I got a plan to include data for my daughters 5s iPhone. The data is not working.
Phone was restarted
Cellular data is turned on
reviewed setting to ensure cellular data is on for different aps
What is the problem?
Thanks

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Although things should start working right away after a plan change, it's not unheard of to have to wait 24 hours for everything to start working properly. When did u change plans?
Chadwick wrote:

Although things should start working right away after a plan change, it's not unheard of to have ...

I changed my plan on Thurs of last week.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Sherry you called a few days back to cancel your account. Also, even if it was active there is data block on the account as per your request when you originally activated the line.
Bernard wrote:

@Sherry you called a few days back to cancel your account. Also, even if it was active the...

I had 2 accounts only 1 was cancelled. I still have an active account where the plan was updated
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

@Sherry you called a few days back to cancel your account. Also, even if it was active the...

Ok, I see now....the line that's still active you have a data block on, you put it on a long time ago...please log into self serve and remove it. That will fix everything.
Bernard wrote:

I do not see an option to remove the data block in my add ons sections. The only option I see is to activate it for $2/month.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

The old data block cannot be removed via Self Serve. I tried to do so for my wife, but it wasn't showing as active. I was able to get it removed by calling in.

Bernard, is there an option to do this via email or will she have to call in?
Bernard wrote:

Thank you Ivan for the clarity. Koodo- This process is getting quite frustrating. Since you can see my account can u not just remove the block? The other day I sat and waited for an hour and 20mins, now getting a data block removed is taking days because calling in costs money. What exactly needs to be done to get the data working and remove the block? I'm now paying for a plan that is not working.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Some people apparently were told to do the un-block by sending a private message to Koodo on their Facebook page.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

@ Ivan, thank for the heads up, wee need to fix that! In the meantime, via email (authenticated by logging into self-serve) or better yet via Facebook messaging it can be done.