Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Need to give my info

Hello, I've been on hold for 15 Minutes, I'm just trying to give my MC info, I purchased an Iphone6 Pls help

6 replies

Userlevel 6
What are you trying to do? Pre-authorized payments? You can do pretty much online once you have a self serve account registered on koodo's website: https://www.koodomobile.com/sso/UI/Login?realm=koodo&locale=en&goto=aHR0cHM6Ly9zZWN1cmUua29vZG9tb2JpbGUuY29tOjQ0My9hY2NvdW50L215S29vZG8ucG9ydGFs&encoded=true
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As a matter of goodwill, all cell companies should offer you a free extension of the minutes you spend on hold Waiting-For-A-Real-Person and not automated sales pitches OR offer you the possibility of leaving a call-back number without losing your place in line. Shaw Direct in Canada, Consumer Cellular in the US do this. Don't have to spend the next half hour with a phone growing out of your ear or terrified to make a quick run to the bathroom. In my line of business, there's not a chance in a zillion that my customers will feel that "their call is important to me, but just get back into line and wait while I deal with the 17 who are more important than you".
Userlevel 6
BobTheElectrician wrote:

As a matter of goodwill, all cell companies should offer you a free extension of the minutes you ...

I don't disagree necessarily but people are way too often "lazy" and call customer service when often they can do things themselves, much easier. My mother-in-law, who is eighty, does all of her banking online and I don't think she called them in a long, long time. I'm sure the banks are happy because having customers constantly call you must be a costly adventure. From what I can tell, in your business (electrician) it's a little different. Likely all of your calls are an opportunity for sale. There are quite a few companies who charge for customer service. And maybe even you do. If someone calls you and say their lights are out somewhere their house you won't go and visit them for free even if all you find is a that their lightbulb that burnt out. You'll charge the full amount which is likely around $80. Eighty bucks for a lightbulb?????:-) That's ridiculous! At least that is what most people would say.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

As a matter of goodwill, all cell companies should offer you a free extension of the minutes you ...

Koodo isn't dealing with 17 people more important than you, they're dealing with 17 people who called in before you did. Big difference.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Timo - Does it make you feel better or worse that only 2 people are ahead of you rather than 17? It's all about the customer experience. Not your fault they have other customers. But the other "utility" companies I mentioned let you leave a call-back number and go about your business, a service offered as a viable alternative to sticking the phone in your ear for the foreseeable future. I'm sure the cost to them is negligible. For sure, it's better to use self-serve where possible. But for that special occasion, where self-serve won't work, it doesn't hurt to make the telephone queue more palatable. And laziness will always reign supreme. How often do we see questions here that are very clearly answered on one of the main web pages or by doing a search? Easier to ask someone to do the searching for you...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Calling Koodo via your koodo cell (*611) is a free call and does not cost any airtime